Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line spacing in third generation editor

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Line spacing in third generation editor

Is there any way to control line spacing in the 3rd generation editor? I put together a test message using the blank newsletter example template, and I'm finding that lines of text are uncomfortably close in the desktop version but slightly better in mobile. Am I missing something? Or is this just a (hopefully temporary) limitation of the editor?

5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Line spacing in third generation editor

Hello @SamF244

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding line spacing options in the Third Generation editor. I can see why having the option to control the line spacing would be useful. You are not missing anything. This is not currently a functionality of the editor, but we are tracking customer requests for this feature. I am happy to track your response and send to the appropriate team for review. 

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

Thanks @Alex_S -- happy to hear that you're monitoring the forums for feedback like this. I'd really like to see this in a future update.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SamF244

I completely understand why this feature is important to have. We are making updates all the time, so keep an eye on your account for updates in the future.

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Advisor

What is even more of a problem with this than what you describe is that it seems when you change the font size, it keeps the same line spacing of the original size. So it really doesn't "allow" you to change the size, since no one wants to send out something looking like that.

Hi @JulieL34

I apologize for any inconvenience this workaround may have caused. The good news is our development teams has added the ability to control line spacing! When working in a text block you can now change the spacing between your lines of text within the entire block. Your choices of spacing is single, 1.2, 1.5, or double line spacing.

2018-12-10_15-48-44.png

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in your account.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!