cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Content Block for Copying a Table Into

Highlighted
All Star

Missing Content Block for Copying a Table Into

We're looking to refresh our monthly emails using the Basic Template.  However, I can't see in the Third Gen Editor a basic 'Content' block that used to be available on the Second Gen Editor.

We specifically used the 'Content' block to insert a Word table that has been saved as a Web Page, Filtered and then copied and pasted from a web-browser, a method suggested by one of your advisors many moons ago and has worked perfectly for us up until now.

In the new editor I can't see any block to drag in that will allow us to insert this type of content.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received, as we really would still like to be able to use this content as it drives a lot of traffic to our website.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Missing Content Block for Copying a Table Into

Hi @KarenP24318

So sorry you are not able to see a content block! Our Third Generation Editor does not include blocks specifically named Content. In fact, here's an article from our Help Center that goes over some of the similarities and difference between our two editors. Instead you can add content into individual blocks like our Text Block, or even the ones found under the Layout section of your email's Build tab. 

2019-01-18_15-30-08.png

I also would like to mention, at this time the option to insert a table is not a feature that is available. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and have submitted a feature request for this in your account. As a workaround we suggest inserting your table as a screenshot instead.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hi Frankie

Thank you for your reply.

The point of being able to insert a table is that we have a number of links contained within it and by simply adding it as screenshot would effectively make this redundant.  As mentioned, it's a really useful way for us to drive enquirers to our website; it works and therefore we obviously don't want to have to change it. 

I was just hoping to refresh the style of our newsletter, but I guess this means we shall simply continue using existing newsletter template, as unfortunately it looks like the Third Gen Editor is a step backwards.

Tags (3)

Hi @KarenP24318

I can completely understand how helpful it would be to include a table within your emails. I'm sorry to hear our workaround is not exactly what you may have been hoping for. With that being said, if your table is broken up into separate images they can be connected to your links. You are however correct, copying a previously sent Legacy Newsletter will give you access to our older editor with tables.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.