cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Need 3 or more images in a row

SOLVED

Re: Need 3 or more images in a row

UPDATED: October 2018

Hello @naturalresources @GreenheartExchange and @NeeleyS! I wanted to update you on the status of being able to insert five images next to each other. I'm happy to let you know that our third-generation editor now has a 5-column block that you can insert into your campaigns!

3ge-build-tab-drag-and-drop-five-column-layout-deli.png

Just a few notes about this new feature:

• At this time, this type of layout can not be manually created by attempting to add an additional image or text block into a 2-column or 3-column layout. This can only be created by adding the 5-column block into your campaign.
  • This block is not available to be inserted into existing drafts or copies of campaigns that were created prior to this block being available in the third-generation editor. If you would like to use this block in your campaigns, you will have to create a new email from the template picker. 

We're so excited to announce this new feature and just had to let you know! Let us know if you have any questions.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

I also feel that this new system is a little limiting for those who are "power users" and have some HTML knowledge. I'm struggling because I need 4 images in a row to recreate our current newsletter design. It would be nice if the columns weren't restricted and in the row using the drag and drop build items. Or give an HTML box build item so we can add code to make the row function as we need to.

Thanks

Occasional Advisor

I also agree that the third-generation editor is extremely limiting for those with stronger HTML knowledge. It's a little frustrating to find functionality severely cut down when it should be easier and have more options due to the templates being mobile-responsive.

CTCT Employee

Hi @DebbieA0,

Thanks for your feedback about this! I'm sorry we don't have the ability to add four columns to an email campaign in our newest editor. We suggest using two, 2-column blocks to accommodate this:

2017-12-19_15-12-20.png

Another option would be to create the four images as a single image outside of your account, and insert it into your email campaign as a single image. Please know that I have submitted your feedback to our programmers about this functionality, and also about accessing the HTML code.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Nichelle_M,

Sadly the stacked blocks don't work with our design. It's a button row we are trying to do and we don't want it to be huge, it should be more like the "find us on social media" button row that is created with the social widget you provide.  So having the option to be able to add in a text box like this (that I'm typing in right now) so we can format some stuff on our own, but would still work with the mobile optimization, would be ideal.

button row screen cap.png

Hello @DebbieA0. I can certainly see how this would be useful for you especially with the design you were looking for. We're always looking for way to improve our product and we have sent over your feedback. Thanks!

Caitlin M.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CTCT Employee

Hello, everyone!

We have a great update for you all. I'm happy to announce that it is now possible to include a 5-column block within your Third-Generation editor.

Capture 1.png                                                                                              

A few things about this new feature:

• At this time, it is not possible to manually create this layout by adding multiple blocks together. This can be done only by inserting the column-block.
  • You will notice that there are no 4-column block layouts. However, by inserting the 5-column block and deleting one of the columns by removing all the blocks inside of it, you will be left with a 4-column block.
  • Also, if you happen to delete a column on accident, you can re-add blocks to recreate the deleted the column.

I hope all this information helps. If more information is needed on this, please click here for our Knowledge base article. We're excited for all to take advantage of this wonderful feature. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions regarding it! 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

I think the five column block is great - but I actually will need up to seven for the seven different properties we manage.

CTCT Employee

Hi @DerekS906

Thanks for joining us in the Community!

Glad you like the five column layout! We are more than happy to pass along this feedback to our product team regarding a seven column layout. In the meantime, feel free to either use the five column layout with a two column layout below or a four column layout used with a three column layout. 

Brian_H

Highlighted

Agreed wholeheartedly!

Tags (3)