cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of the Presidents Day holiday, our Support office will be open with limited availability on Monday 02/18 from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ET. Check out our Help Center for all the ways to get in touch with us and get help.

Need line breaks or margin adjustment

All Star

Need line breaks or margin adjustment

Is there any way to manually insert line breaks into a template? It looks fine in the editor, but in the test email each line is super long requiring readers to horizontally school to read the text.

I'm pretty new here, so there's probably an easy solution. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Need line breaks or margin adjustment

Hello @NancyY,

Welcome to the community!  Any time you press the enter or return key on your keyboard it should just move the cursor down to the next line, but that should rarely be necessary.  There are a few things that can cause the system to fail to re-size the text to fit your screen though.  Most commonly this is caused by either an extremely long linked webpage, or some kind of website coding that was copy-pasted in by mistake.

To avoid the issues with copy-pasting, generally your best option is to first paste your content into a program that is simple text, such as notepad.  Then you can copy out of that program and paste into our system.  If that doesn't seem to work, and you don't have any long links, it might be best to contact us directly at one of the numbers listed here.  Then we can troubleshoot directly and track down exactly what is causing it.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!