Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtyping

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Overtyping

I am unable to type in new text between words that already existed -- the new text is overtyping the old text. The only way I have been able to work around this problem is by typing the next text at the end and cut/pasting the new text in, which does not always work. I often go back and change my text before it's finally ready to be sent, but this is making a simple task extremely frustrating. 

For example, if my text is "The dog ran." and I wanted to add "brown" in front of dog, the new text reads "The brownan." In a short sentence, while frustrating, this is not a time consuming process. But when I have a paragraph and I need to add one word at the beginning, I do not want to retype the entire paragraph.

Is overtyping a feature that I can turn off? It is an unhelpful feature, as well as a hindrance to creating my email. 

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Overtyping

Hello @JaimeM,

Thank you for reaching out to us today!  I'm sorry that you have been encountering this hurdle this morning.  Our system doesn't actually have a built in overtype feature.  From the sounds of things, I suspect that you may have accidentally hit the Insert key on your keyboard.  Try pressing it again to see if that solves the issue.  If the problem persists, please let us know and we can try to troubleshoot the problem with you.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thanks Brody! That fixed it right up. I've just switched over to the 3rd generation editor and I never had the issue previously so I thought it was a feature on here. But I'm glad it's something that can be turned off!   

CTCT Employee

Hello @JaimeM,

Not a problem! Always happy to help.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.