cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Three images in the same row. Why is only one allowed to display as full-width?

Occasional Contributor

Three images in the same row. Why is only one allowed to display as full-width?

Fine tuning alignment in the editor is a serious challenge.  If I put three 200px-wide images in the same row in the editor, why can I only make one its full width?  The second and third images aren't permitted to expand to their full width so I'm forced to shrink the first image below full width and eyeball everything so they are more or less aligned. This makes a "catalog style" grid layout--one we use often--extremely difficult to create.  Are there any plans to fix this?  It's truly maddening!  HELP.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Three images in the same row. Why is only one allowed to display as full-width?

Hello @WalterB70219 ,

I want to start by apologizing for the late response on this issue. It looks like it is something that our developers are aware of and I will have them notify you once it's resolved. In the meantime, the best workaround is to merge the 3 images together into a single image outside of Constant Contact, using some kind of photo editing software. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Three images in the same row. Why is only one allowed to display as full-width?

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, this doesn't work for us.  Not only does it not allow us to use a different link for each image (three total) but it lessens the mobile experience by using a full-width (600px) graphic instead of three 200px images.    Multiple image links on the same JPEG are possible with a custom-code HTML Image Map but Constant Contact isn't capable of tracking clicks within an image map (MailChimp is, FYI)  so we're forced to use CC's editor to get usable data.  This is a basic UI feature, I haven't had to "eyeball" graphic alignment since MS Paint.  Please fix this.

CTCT Employee

Hello 

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.