cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrapping text, and line spacing

Occasional Contributor

Wrapping text, and line spacing

Customer support told me that the new CC editor eliminates the ability to wrap text around photos. If true that's a huge step backward.

Also, is there STILL no way to adjust line spacing?  Another promise not kept?

9 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Wrapping text, and line spacing

@JohnE314

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. That is a great question! Our third generation editor does indeed have the ability to text wrap around images. You can click here for the steps of wrapping text.

Unfortunately our third generation editor does not have the feature of controlling the line spacing. However, there is a work around where you can add or reduce the line spacing by altering the size of the text in the Design tab. You can click here for a short video tutorial.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

As far as I can tell, the "new wrapping" can only be done with the picture at the very top of the article block, you can't move the picture to the bottom of the article/block nor can you put it near the middle, so it's usefulness is very limited.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JoniM6,

You're right about some of those spacing limitations, which allow the template to retain it's mobile responsiveness better.  A good workaround for now is to simply split your text into multiple smaller text sections.  Then you can easily place your images into the middle of the text between two sections, or have text in only one section wrapping around it.  I'll add gladly add you to the feature request for more alignment and spacing options though!  If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share them here as well!

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

thanks, that helps some but it looks like it adds extra space between the multiple texts sections so it doesn't flow as smooth? I'll have to look at it more later.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JoniM6,

You're right, it does add a little bit of extra padding each time you do that, though if you choose to only break the text at normal paragraph breaks, it's not as noticeable for the average reader.  In addition to your previous requests, I'll put you on the request for control over the text-block padding as well.  If that doesn't work for you either though, let us know, and we'll see what else we can figure out to get your email looking just the way you want it for as many people as possible.

Aaron H

Regular Visitor

I followed the instructions in the video tutorial, but whether the spacing was set in Design at 8 or 14, it made absolutely no difference in the appearance in my inbox.

The spacing is far too big, I want to reduce it.

CTCT Employee

Hi @LeeP89

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you this weekend.

Sometimes this may also happen because of the type of block you are using. For instance, a headline block automatically produces double-spacing. You might try to drag in a new text block and see if that gives the type of line spacing you are looking for. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

No, I'm using the standard text block.

I even tried setting the line spacing at 8 or 10, and then changing the font to 14, but I still get too much space.

Looking forward to you getting this fixed!

CTCT Employee

@LeeP89

Thank you for your reply! Is the text you are entering in the standard text block copy and pasted from somewhere else? Sometimes that can add extra spacing if that is the case. I definitely want to take a look into what the issue could be.

Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email campaign you are working on, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!