cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resend to contacts who didn't open

Regular Advisor

resend to contacts who didn't open

I love the idea of being able to set an email to resend to subscribers who did not open at a specified time. But sometimes I forget to set it, or don't decide til later that I want to do it with a particular campaign. Is there a way I'm missing to go back and set this after the fact, or does it have to be done at the time of sending?

5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: resend to contacts who didn't open

Hi @JulieL34,

That's a great question!  Once an email is sent you cannot go back and set the resend to non-openers option.  If the email is still scheduled and you want to set the resend to non-openers, you can unschedule it and then set that option as you reschedule it. 

If you have set the resend to non-openers but decide you don't want to use that option, you can click on the name of the campaign and remove that option from the email details page before it gets sent.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I would love to be able to resend to those who do not open but earlier than the 3 days that they allow.  We send out course materials 48 hours before a course starts and I would love to resend it the following day.  Is this possible?

CTCT Employee

Hello @LauraH8718,

Thank you for your feedback!  I absolutely can see how a sooner resend could be beneficial in those situations.  As of this moment, to resend only a day or so after the original email, you would need to save all of the Did Not Opens to a list and schedule a fresh copy to that temporary list.  I will absolutely pass along your feedback on that to the appropriate teams.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

The problem with this solution should be obvious. Saving the "did not opens" to a separate list reflects a moment in time. So if you want this mailing to go out, say, a day after the first one, you have to create the list and the mailing in "real time." You can't schedule it ahead, like you would with the "resend" feature. And that seems to really be the purpose of offering such a feature.

CTCT Employee

Hi @JulieL34,

Thanks for your feedback and you are correct! Manually resending an email campaign containing important time-sensitive information to those contacts on the Did Not Open Report should be done in "real time" and scheduled to Send now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Nichelle M

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!