cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useless templates that you cannot even change basic things

Established Member

useless templates that you cannot even change basic things

It's really frustrating that CC offers templates but cannot even change the stock images that comes with the template. Started a new email with the "coffee shop" template, but there is no way to change that coffee shop image or change the size, color, thickness of the white border. If this is an issue with 3rd gen editor? why do you offer these templates? There isn't a way to migrate this to a 2nd gen editor.

cc.png

Then tried to replicate the same effect using the standard design modules. Oh Myy....!!

It's even worse. Created two Featured heading modules. One with a border and another with a background color. 1. there is again no way to change the thickness of the border. 2. When tried to change background color (using feature Articles color) of the second Featured Article, the border on the first one changes too.

cc2.png

Constant Contact is wasting so much of our time. When contacted support, was told they will need to get back to me in a day.

1 REPLY 1

Re: useless templates that you cannot even change basic things

Hi @GRM_Futures_Group 

I'm so sorry to hear you’ve had this experience in our Third Generation Editor! We are always open to ways we can better our user's experience, so this is definitely not the experience we want our users to have. I have taken a peek at your account and can see you were able to connect with our Chat Support about this experience. But I still want to make sure our feedback was shared here in the Community as well. 

The coffee shop image in the screenshot you have shared is a stock image. I apologize being able to edit stock background images in our templates is not a feature that is available. Instead you can delete the section and add a new image block with your own desired image in it. You can even include a text overlay on your image. 

Many of our templates come with stock images, or a pre-made design to help give an idea of what your email can look like, or even give you a starting point for further customization. This is why we also include the pre-built layout blocks available under the layouts section. Each of these blocks offer something different from multiple columns, to layouts including images and text.

3ge-email-build-tab-prebuilt-layout-blocks.png

The good news is you can change the background color of these individual blocks as well. However updating the color under the Design Tab of your email will update the global colors on your email. As for the borders on these blocks, at this time changing the thickness of borders is also not an available feature. It is however a great feature request we have submitted to our Product Team. I would also like to point out that though we are not currently switching users back to our second generation editor, you can copy a Legacy Newsletter in your account to access it. I hope this information helps! We also have this article in our Help Center that goes over switching to the Third-Generation Editor from the Second-Generation Editor.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.