Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I add my google analytics tag?

SOLVED
Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @CraigG853

I apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused from Google Analytics not being an available feature. I would be happy to share some basic instructions for our workaround. We suggest using Google's Campaign URL builder to create these Google Analytics links outside of your Constant Contact account. Once you have these links they can then be inserted into your email as regular links.

However I do want to mention at this time, because we do not support this integration we cannot provide any documentation of these clicks. 

CTCT Employee

Re: where do I add my google analytics tag?

Hello @DavidM2130 You would be correct!

To give more background information on why this is still available in our Events campaigns: Long ago when we had offered this integration, this was when we first introduced our Events campaigns product. Because we still offered Google Analytics at the time, we built it into our Events Campaigns product. Since then we have discontinued supporting the integration, but have left it in our events product to help see where the traffic to your event landing page is coming from, so you know where to spend your marketing time and effort, learn if and where prospects are falling out of your registration process, and collect geographical data on where your registrants are coming from.

There are many great benefits to Google Analytics, and we hope you utilize this feature for your upcoming event! I will certainly share your feedback on including it again for email campaigns. 

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

How does that work when you are using the shopify product integration and you can't add links to the products?  We are just not supposed to track that?  This is crazy that we can't do this.

Occasional Visitor

I use campaign links but noticed they don't track together. For example, I have 9 clicks in Constant Contact for a campaign link but zero in Constant Contact for that link. Other times the campaign does show up in google analytics, but the numbers are still lower.

Is there any information I could use to explain why Constant Contact click-throughs might not match Google Analytics? Are there any resources to help trouble shoot these discrepancies? Thanks! 

Hi @HeidiH553 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I understand the importance of your email campaign reflecting the correct reporting. Where exactly are you not seeing these clicks? Are there clicks in Google Analytics and not in the Constant Contact reporting, or vice versa? Please send us this clarification along with your campaign name, the URL in question and where it's located in the campaign to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Once we receive these details we can troubleshoot further!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participating Solution Provider

How do you add Google Analytics to a Constant Contact campaign? It is not clear to me how to do this. We just migrated a 60,000 contact account from Informz to Constant Contact and having Google Analytics for email campaigns is a very important feature for our client. 

Ken Countess
Managing Director
The Countess Group
www.TheCountessGroup.com
ken@thecountessgroup.com

Certified Solution Provider
Highlighted

Hi @KenCountess 

That's a great question! I can understand how important it is to include these Google Analytic links in your email campaign. At this time, being able to include these analytic links directly in our editor is not a feature that is currently available. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It is however a feature request our Product Team is collecting feedback on. In the meantime we suggest using Google's Campaign URL builder to create Analytics links outside of the account, and then insert them as regular links.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.