Thanks, Shannon! I've got it working now. I'm using the PHP API wrapper, and the sample XML helped me realize that I was missing a parameter to insert the URL with the ID, when I thought that was being inserted already. Another thing to note for anyone having this problem is that you will also get the 409 error if the API path being inserted into the XML starts with "https://" rather than "http://".
... View more
Hi, hopefully someone can help me with this... I have a form on a site I'm working on that allows users to submit their info. When they submit, it runs a check to see if they already exist in thte contact list. If they don't exist in the list already, they are added, if they do the script pulls their info and their record is updated. At least, they SHOULD be updated, but instead it changes nothing and spits out the mysterious 409 error. Everything up to the update call works - the add works, the dupe check works, pulling the user's info works, I get no errors until I try to actually update it. I've tried looking up everything I can about this, and it's commonly claimed to be a conflict, but I don't understand how it can be a conflict when I'm trying to update an existing record! I've also seen removing the email address and setting ACTION_BY_CONTACT instead of ACTION_BY_CUSTOMER to solve the error. Neither of those work for me. I can post the XML if that would help.
... View more