Every time you click a contact in the bounces view, then hit the back button, the page reloads COMPLETELY, sometimes in a different order than it was in before, and you're all the way back at the top of the list even if you were previously scrolled down.
It's not supposed to work that way! Why is the UI doing complete page re-loads followed by AJAX calls, on EVERY SINGLE CLICK? That's a ridiculous way to code, and that's how you wound up with one of the slowest user interfaces I've seen in years.
Roll it back.
... View more
In the old system I used to manage bounces as follows:
- Click the "bounces" link
- For each bounced contact, right-click, get the information in a new tab -- paying specific attention to the table with summary information about the contact
- If the contact had bounced a few times, I would remove them from the list
- Close the new tab and keep processing the remaining bounces
In the new system, that's whole workflow is basically shot, and it's much more difficult to do what I need:
- I can no longer right-click on a contact and bring up the information in a new tab. This means that I have to go back and forth in my browser. And the new UI is rather slow -- each click takes 4 to 5 seconds on my end -- so this is adding a lot of time to my process
- The information on a contact is no longer tabulated in a nice summary form. Instead it's in a verbose list. And to figure out the counts, I need to do the work myself, scrolling through the list to find what I'm interested in
- There are no more check boxes on the bounces view -- I need to work with one contact at a time before I can move on to the next contact
All in all, this change represents a HUGE step backward for me. I am incredibly annoyed and disappointed.
Thanks for your attention to this matter,
... View more