409 Conflict

SOLVED
Go to solution
CMLAdmin
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I am trying to add several contact lists with random names from a .NET app using your C# sdk.

However, I can't seem to get any other response than 409 Conflict.

I get the same response when using your v2 API tester/debugger using both your example payload and random names. I have read that this error message indicates that a list with that name already exists, but I am positive a list with these names does not exist.

Example JSON payload:

{
       "name": "Hot Opportunities",
        "status": "ACTIVE"
    }

The response I get:

"error_key": "http.status.conflict"

"error_message": "There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveBerard
Employee
0 Votes

There is a 1000 list limit in our new Contact Management platform.  It definitely could be that limit you're running into, which was added roughly a month ago.  It looks like our error message for that limit is not very good.  Will open a defect on our side to investigate and update the error message.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DaveBerard
Employee
0 Votes

I tested your JSON Payload against my account and was able to create a list no problem with the content you're sending over.  I assume you're using the POST request to create a contact list?  Here is what I received:

CreateListIODocs.png

Dave Berard
CMLAdmin
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Here is what I see: 

ConstantContactProblem.png

However, this morning when I look at our lists I see a message warning me that we are at our limit of 1,000 lists. Could this response be caused by trying to add a list that would put you over the maximum list limit?

DaveBerard
Employee
0 Votes

There is a 1000 list limit in our new Contact Management platform.  It definitely could be that limit you're running into, which was added roughly a month ago.  It looks like our error message for that limit is not very good.  Will open a defect on our side to investigate and update the error message.

Dave Berard
CMLAdmin
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Ok, looks like we will have to find a way to limit our list creation.

Thanks for the info and quick responses.

MAKM4
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi,

Please help in "There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource" error.

I am using constant contact php-api and I am getting the above mentioned error, but it does not occur while creating a new contact while the same error occurs when I am updating a contact (when confirmed opt-in is on he has confirmed the subscription). Also I dont get any error whether it is adding a new contact or updating an existing contact while the Confirmed opt-in is not used. I have already checked the email problem its related to email duplication.Dont know what to do, Please help me.

Thanks,

MAK

DaveBerard
Employee
0 Votes

Posted a response on some of your other posts.  This is not related to the original topic but we did mention this defect in our May release notes: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/release-notes/may-2014-rel-notes.html.  We are working on fixing this defect now and hope to have it in a future release.

Dave Berard
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.