API Integration & Lists vs. Segments vs. Tags

Elaina
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi all, 

We will be integrating our Constant Contact services with a Drupal instance we're setting up. In the instance, we'd like for our members to be able to choose from about five different news topics (e.g., receive e-mail updates about X, Y, Z, etc). These should be selectable & unselectable (e.g., people can manage their preferences). In the future, we'd then like to target communications to individuals based upon their content interests. 

Question is: would it be best to use CC lists, segments or tags to manage that communication flow? Since individuals will have the ability to manage their own preferences from the Drupal front-end via API, perhaps List-based subscribe + unsubscribe might make the most sense?

Thanks for your recommendations!

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I agree with your assessment. Based on the requirements you describe, I would recommend that you create a List for each news topic, and then allow your contacts to update their list memberships. Your mailings could then be sent to the applicable targeted list(s).

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.