API Token Limit

AmandaC99396
Rookie

Is there a limit on the amount of API tokens that can be created for an application? In our integration we create a new token for each of our 'chapters'.

Recently we seem to be getting this error message more often: "The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid"; it seems to be on more recently created API tokens. Then we'll go in and create a new token and the integration works again.

Should we just use the same token?

2 REPLIES 2
Stephen_T
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AmandaC99396,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

When it comes to Access Tokens only one can be available per API Key at any given time and they do become invalid if a new Access Token is generated for the same API Key. My recommendation would be to use the same Access Token rather than generating a new token and you shouldn't run into this issue going forward.

Please reply directly to this post if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Stephen T.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AmandaC99396
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I may need some clarification on the relationship of a Mashery Application and a Constant Contact account. The organization I am working with has a 'Constant Contact API: Partner API Access - for Partners ONLY' application. 

They have a lot of individual Constant Contact accounts, and they want to share this application with all of them. So for every account they generate a new Access Token through the "Get Access Token" button in Mashery; then login to Constant Contact using that account's credentials.

That all seems to work, we get a new Access Token, but then later when using the API we keep getting errors like "The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid" and your earlier reply said "...Access Tokens only one can be available per API Key..."

Is what they are trying to do supported? Can they share the one Mashery Application with many different Constant Contact accounts each having its own Access Token?

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.