API internal server error

SOLVED
Go to solution
SilviaG20
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Hello API developers,

When I tried to upload our contact list through your API, I met a server error as shown in the picture below. I've noticed that the issue mostly happened when our list has over 400 contacts. Could you please tell me how to solve it?

API upload issue.jpg

Awaiting for your reply!

Sincerely,

Sara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy_D
Employee

Hi Everyone,

The cause of these errors are generally unique to each scenario. The are most likely caused by bad or invalid data. If there is no obvious data that can be located in your import that is causing a problem can you please email your data payload to us so we can look at each case individually. You can email us at webservices(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HonestA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I came here to report this same issue. I am getting the error on several lists but I got 2 of them to go through. One list had 544 contacts. I have a smaller list but it did not go through. I don't think it's related to size. My JSON data for the bulk upload shows no formatting issues either. Using the same JSON payload i also get the same error using the v3 developer portal. Hopefully someone from API support will respond soon as our integration is broken at this point.

PrincessDS
Rookie
0 Votes

I face the same issue. 

HonestA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Is anyone at Constant Contact aware of this issue? We are still getting the same error on some of our lists.

Jimmy_D
Employee

Hi Everyone,

The cause of these errors are generally unique to each scenario. The are most likely caused by bad or invalid data. If there is no obvious data that can be located in your import that is causing a problem can you please email your data payload to us so we can look at each case individually. You can email us at webservices(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.