Adding deleted contact through API

SOLVED
Go to solution
YosvaniA
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi,

If i deleted a contact and i want to add the same contact again API responses with contact already exists but it is deleted. Is there any way to add deleted contact using API?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @YosvaniA,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our system does a soft delete of contacts which means the email address still technically exists in the account. In order to use it again instead of creating that contact with a POST you would update it with a PUT.

If you are using our v2 API then you would use this endpoint.

https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=PUT

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @YosvaniA,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our system does a soft delete of contacts which means the email address still technically exists in the account. In order to use it again instead of creating that contact with a POST you would update it with a PUT.

If you are using our v2 API then you would use this endpoint.

https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=PUT

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
AlexM760
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

The updating portion makes sense but how would you be able to Search a "sort-deleted" user by email?

I currently have a system where the user searches by email address so they can update lists and contact information. A soft-deleted user comes back from the API as a 200 but with empty contact body. The following was via 'contacts' GET passing in the `email_address` parameter in the v3 API.

[body] => {
	"contacts" : []
}
[response] => Array
(
	[code] => 200
	[message] => OK
)

Is there a different method to retrieve a "soft-deleted" contact via the API so that they can be updated via PUT?

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.