Custom field crosswalk

FirstNameL78605
Rookie
0 Votes

I am new to this so this has been challenging. I added a custom field to my Custom Contact contact list. It is ‘Instagram handle’. I have Wordpress and WPforms and I even upgraded to the pro version but it doesn’t show an option to link to anything but standard fields. I want to capture this information in my website. Is this possible? Maybe a different plugin? Thanks for any help. 

1 REPLY 1
Stephen_T
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL78605,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API. Typically we work directly with those developers on issues surrounding creating integrations and interfacing with our API. 

Based on WPForms' documentation it looks like they don't support custom fields at this time, only the standard Constant Contact fields. Just in case, below is a link to their documentation which show the fields they support.

How to Connect Constant Contact With WPForms

https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-connect-constant-contact-with-wpforms/

I'm sorry but I don't have any other plugins that I can thank of at this time. If you do want an inline form on your website where you can collect custom field information I would recommend using our inline form instead. Below is a link to documentation which goes into further detail on our inline forms.

Create an inline contact sign-up form to embed on a website

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18265-Create-a-Sign-Up-Form-with-the...

Please reply directly to this post if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Stephen T.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.