Regarding API

SOLVED
Go to solution
DeepangR
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I would like to know how can we get info about a particular event using V3 API. In V2 I was able to do it using : https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/eventspot/events/{event_id} But couldn't find any documentation to do so in V3. Could you help?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello DeepangR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Currently, there are not any endpoints available in V3 for events. While we're continuously developing and adding endpoints and capabilities to the V3 API, the events tool that we currently offer is considered legacy. Development has begun on a replacement for the event product, but due to its early state we don't have any estimated time of completion available, and it’s unlikely that new event endpoints will be considered for development until sometime after the events tool has been redesigned/deployed.

Your feedback and experience with this request is essential to improving our product, so thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello DeepangR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Currently, there are not any endpoints available in V3 for events. While we're continuously developing and adding endpoints and capabilities to the V3 API, the events tool that we currently offer is considered legacy. Development has begun on a replacement for the event product, but due to its early state we don't have any estimated time of completion available, and it’s unlikely that new event endpoints will be considered for development until sometime after the events tool has been redesigned/deployed.

Your feedback and experience with this request is essential to improving our product, so thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter.

Regards,

Courtney E.

If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
ThomasH5307
Rookie
0 Votes

It's been three years - do you need some help in programming an events API?

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello ThomasH5307,

While there is no ETA at this time, we are in the process of developing endpoints for the V3 API related to the new Events tool that was recently released. While our legacy V2 API has Event endpoints**, they are only compatible with the legacy Events tool, which will soon be retired. However, it is possible that there could be a period of time in between where there are no event endpoints available via either version of the API.

On April 1st, 2024, our legacy event tool will no longer be available. Any existing legacy events will become "read-only" and you will not be able to create new legacy events or the copy functionality for existing legacy events. 

Effective July 1st, 2024, the legacy events tool will be retired from our product completely. At that time, you will not be able to create, copy, migrate to 2.0, or view prior legacy events.

View legacy event reports and migrate a legacy event into Events 2.0

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/5611-event-...

You can view our available V3 endpoints via the Constant Contact Developer Portal:

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/index.html

For updates on which new features and endpoints have been released for Constant Contact's V3 API, you can stay updated by checking the Constant Contact V3 API Release Notes page:

V3 API - Release Notes

https://developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/index.html

**While there are Event endpoints available via our legacy V2 API, it is not advised that you develop a new integration for this purpose, as there will be a point in the near future where our legacy V2 API (as well as the legacy events tool) will begin deprecation. Due to this, while we will continue to deploy critical bug fixes at this time, we will not be doing any more development for V2 or its endpoints (it is not currently up to date regarding more recent campaign types and features), and strongly recommend all new applications be created using our V3 API, which is the current version.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.