Remove Contacts from Lists Bulk Activity api fail

KarlK0
Rookie
0 Votes

getting following error when i was use Remove Contacts from Lists Bulk Activity api 

error :

{
"error_key": "contacts.api.bad_request",
"error_message": "list_ids, all_active_contacts, contact_ids are mutually exclusive"
}

my payload :

{
  "source": {
    "list_ids": [
      "source_id"
    ],
    "all_active_contacts"true,
    "contact_ids": [
      "cont_id"
    ]
  },
  "list_ids": [
    "destt_id"
  ]
}
2 REPLIES 2
KarlK0
Rookie
0 Votes

Stephen_T
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KarlK0,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API. Typically we work directly with those developers on issues surrounding creating integrations and interfacing with our API. 

Based on the payload supplied it looks like some information is needed to ensure all contacts are removed from a particular list. From what I'm seeing the structure of the payload is valid but if you're trying to just remove all the contacts from a particular list then there is some body that may not be needed. Below is the payload body structure which should work as expected. For the list_ids you'll need to ensure you have a list_id in there to specify which list you're removing contacts from. I just placed a series of number as a placeholder with the format in which the list_id should be in, you'll just need to insert the list_id in place and that should work.

{
	"source": {
		"all_active_contacts": true
	},
	"list_ids": [
		"11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555555"
	]
}

Please take a look and reply directly to this post if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Stephen T.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.