Resend Confirmation Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
NCPC_DC
Rookie
0 Votes

I am working with the v2 API to create a custom sign up form. During testing, I used an email address that I often use for that purpose and I discovered that this email address was used to test the v1 API, but I never clicked the link in the confirmation email. I found no way to resend the confirmation email, either through the portal or through the API. This left me rather stuck with no way to complete the process.

I have to wonder how many subscribers get the confirmation emails sent to the junk folder, is never delivered due to server security, or they simply forgot to click the link (like in my case). I can't imagine that this subscription black hole is the final result with no other option. Is it really send one email, hope they get it, and never send it again?

I am hoping that there is a solution to this problem that I am just not seeing. Does anyone know how to resend the confirmation email, or delete the original request. something?

Thank you in advance,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stephen_T
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @NCPC_DC,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

In regards to resending confirmation emails we allow for one additional resend to occur as we want to avoid unsubscribed contacts from receiving multiple emails when the contact expressed they no longer wish to receive emails which could go against CANSPAM and CASL laws. If you feel that there are some contacts who do wish to receive emails but they just haven't located the confirm opt-in email or forgot to resubscribe there is a workaround to resend the confirm opt-in email. Below are those steps.

1. Enable advanced permissions under My Settings
2. Create an Excel/CSV file of the contacts you wish to resend the confirm opt-in email to
2. Go to the Contacts Page
3. Select Add Contacts
4. Select add Unsubscribed from file
5. Upload the file of unsubscribed contacts
6. Open the affected contact profile
7. Click the Resubscribe button and follow flow there

Please reply directly to this post if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Stephen T.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Stephen_T
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @NCPC_DC,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

In regards to resending confirmation emails we allow for one additional resend to occur as we want to avoid unsubscribed contacts from receiving multiple emails when the contact expressed they no longer wish to receive emails which could go against CANSPAM and CASL laws. If you feel that there are some contacts who do wish to receive emails but they just haven't located the confirm opt-in email or forgot to resubscribe there is a workaround to resend the confirm opt-in email. Below are those steps.

1. Enable advanced permissions under My Settings
2. Create an Excel/CSV file of the contacts you wish to resend the confirm opt-in email to
2. Go to the Contacts Page
3. Select Add Contacts
4. Select add Unsubscribed from file
5. Upload the file of unsubscribed contacts
6. Open the affected contact profile
7. Click the Resubscribe button and follow flow there

Please reply directly to this post if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Stephen T.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.