V3 API Endpoint request timed out

HonestA
Campaign Expert

Hello,

I am developing an integration for some internal software and having issues using the v3 API. I signed up for a trial account, have setup our application, and have programmed the oAuth access token part. All of that is working fine. I am getting access tokens with no issues. The problem is with interacting with resources under https://api.cc.email/v3/

I have tried both contacts and contact_lists and both give me the same 503 response of:

{
"error_key": "server_temporarily_unavailable",
"error_message": "Endpoint request timed out"
}

Thinking maybe this was an issue with my code i took the JSON string and tried the same request here:

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Contact_Lists/createList

I also get the same error so that tells me the problem isn't with my code. When i click the 'try' button it sits there for a few seconds and then returns the timeout error. 

Is there a known issue with the v3 API today or could this be an account specific problem? Any input would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HeidiS146
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

We are also experiencing this issue - and all of our clients too!

David_B.
Employee
0 Votes

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. I'm sorry for the trouble.

We are currently experiencing a temporary system issue that is causing frequent timeout responses. Our engineering team are working to correct this as quickly as possible.

Regards,

David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

HonestA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

David,

I see that the status page shows that the v3 API is back to operational today but I'm not seeing that to be the case. I am still getting the timeout when trying to create contacts. Are they aware on your side that there are still problems?

HeidiS146
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

We are also still experiencing timeout issues. Is there an ETA on when this might get resolved?

David_B.
Employee
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we work through this. I have asked that our status page to be updated to continue to reflect this current system issue. We are still investigating the root cause. While I can't provide an ETA on a fix, I can say that we are taking this issue seriously and that this is currently our top priority.

Sincerely,

David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.