"Dig Deeper into My Reports" style report via API

PaulH035
Rookie
0 Votes

I am looking for a "Dig Deeper into My Reports" style report via the API (Python-sdk).  In particular, at a campaign level I'm looking for a tabular data structure where each row is an email address and the columns record opened time, clicked, bounced, unsub'd, etc.  Preferably the report would be a .csv.  Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.36.52 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy_D
Employee

Hello @PaulH035,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our API can provide the reporting data; however the data would be provided in a JSON response and not in a csv file. You would need to take the data and add it to a csv file on your end. Currently all of the reporting endpoints are available with our v2 API and our v3 API will have the reporting endpoints released over a few releases still.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
PaulH035
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you, Jimmy_D.  Fantastic!  I can deal with a JSON.  How would I get this report via Python-sdk?  I've spent hours trying to figure it out, to no avail.

PaulH035
Rookie
0 Votes

@Jimmy_D,

Thank you for stating that it is possible.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to confirm this with Python-sdk.  My API skills are minimal (data pulls, API-based or otherwise, aren't my normal gig, but I have to fill this need ASAP).  

Do you actually know how to do it with Python-sdk?  If not, do you know any other Python-based ways to do it?  Python is really the only thing I'm familiar with, but I'll try other methods if I can find clear instructions.

Thank you.

CampbellSci
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I'm looking for this report https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/campaign-tracking/summary-report.html in the v3 API but I'm not seeing it in the docs. Is this going to be in the v3 API? Right now it's impossible to get a summary of a campaign's performance.

David_B.
Employee
0 Votes

Hello,

We are hoping to release this campaign activity summary endpoint this quarter but it is not yet available. In the meantime, you can get the campaign activity detail reports and count the results.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.