Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create additional user role types and permissions

I was very disappointed in the lack of robustness related to setting up Users. Only three types are available, and provide no granular selection of capability. For example, I would have loved being able to define different Account Managers having a variety of allowances - one can create and publish, while another can create, delete, and publish. Given the new world realities, we are hiring third-parties to maintain our programs, and they do not need to be able to delete our contact or our mailing lists. Nor do they need to be able to see our billing details. This is TMI for outsourced companies. I hope this makes sense, and is considered a reasonable expectation in 2021.

29 Comments
WUCNetwork
Campaign Contributor
I want to give access only to pull analytics.
LChadroff
Rookie

I'm an owner of a business and owner of the constant account...I only wanted to add an admin as a user in constant so he can add contacts when we get new clients...its an admin task ....but i didn't necessarily want him to have access to campaigns ...so i don't like that you don't have that option. i just made him a mgr w access to both since its the only way to give him access to contacts.

moonlightb
Rookie
Account Manager should not have the privileges to see anything relating to billing/payment. Right now the role of Account Manager seems to close to Account Owner. Is it possible to update the Account Manager to not view billing activity and account settings. Reports are fine. But anything really dealing with the account settings and billing/payment should only be for Account owner.
Please add an additional user access level for someone who may need access to reporting, but should not have access to any billing or account-level information. This is helpful when working with vendors for reporting reasons. They would not need to be able to send campaigns.
TTFWatershed
Campaign Expert
Due to the mandatory 2-factor authentification, we need to set up user profiles for our employees BUT these user roles are much too rigid, and are based off of the assumption that were a large enough organization where people either do data entry or create the emails. Our nonprofit is pretty small so we share a lot of roles. The way we operate, we have at least 4 people who need to add, remove, and edit contacts AND add, remove, and edit campaigns. You should create a user profile option that has all privileges except billing activity, account settings, as well as an overall account manager who can access everything.
PamS21
Campaign Collaborator
Need a user role that can create and publish/send a campaign, but not access business/administrative roles like billing, user management, etc. Some defaults like from email address
anna.f
Marketing Legend

With the change to MFA, I am going to set up multiple users on our account. It would be so helpful if more than one person could manage payment details and user permissions. What if the account owner is out of the office? It does not make sense not to have backup person with full access. Your customers should be allowed to choose their account permissions based on their team structure and security needs. The current single-owner policy is very limiting.

JohnM5539
Rookie

There needs to be a role where a user can add/delete email addresses, send out campaigns but not have access to restricted account info (ie billing).  It would be great if there could be an Owner Role that has full access and then a similar role restricting certain functions on the account.

AldoC
Rookie

I need my employees not to be able to copy my contacts lists, or take it with them. But to be able to imput contacts into my mailing lists. Many thanks.

ShradhaC0
Rookie

Hello,

At this point (April 2022), the account manager role gives ability to export emails and campaign creator cannot publish.

We have roles in company where we want folks to create campaign and publish it to a list but not have ability to export the email list we have curated with effort.

So need some fine tuning of permissions here. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More