Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to Change Line Spacing for Bulleted and Numbered Lists

Trying to add a bulleted or numbered list I run into multiple problems. First, as users, WE should be able to control the spacing, not you, so there is/isn't a space between a heading and the list points or individual list points. Second, I cannot indent a list without it giving me a blank first item that is not indented.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. Right now, we do not have information to share about the possibility of including line spacing for bulleted or numbered lists. If we hear any discussions or further details, we'll be sure to post them here. 

27 Comments
amyloo
Marketing Legend

Yes. Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Please. 

It's needed and really just logical. 

MikeB84
Campaign Expert

For my email text I always use line spacing 1.5. But when I add a bulleted or numbered list, the line spacing for the lists is set to 1.0 and I cannot change it. This makes my email look terrible with two different line spacings in a single email. We need the ability to set the line spacing for lists.

Come on Constant Contact help us with this! It can't be that hard or time consuming for you to do and it would make a big improvement to your product and to your customers!

Mark Christensen

DavidH1813
Rookie

Uhm... What the actual...? SMH

This has to be one of the most simple things in the world. Yep, all other online editors I use have the ability to create line spacing and soft returns within a list. Hoping this gets added immediately given that our options of competitors are pretty vast.

🤨 Even this editor to craft this comment allows for soft returns. 🤦‍♂️

Sam S. (PR/Mtkg/Adv agency owner)

1. test text

2. test text
  3. test text
AndrewS9
Rookie

Is there any update to enable spacing other than the default in a bullet list. I want to be able to adjust the line height of the test within the bullet as well as space between each bullet row. Shocking that this post started in 2019 and is still an issue in 2022?!

IEEETA
Rookie

Ditto same issue mentioned by @RachelK30 in this thread on 6.24.20 at 3:36 pm and mentioned by other users, I was told by helpdesk today they would tag my issue of not being able to reduce size of blank line between bullets, that other customers are having the same issue, and that they would email me when its resolved.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi all. We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. Right now, we do not have information to share about the possibility of including line spacing for bulleted or numbered lists. If we hear any discussions or further details, we'll be sure to post them here. 

MaryM4447
Rookie

This is insane that this was last acknowledged in 2022 but not fixed. I want to double space for my bullet point. I already had to find a bullet point font because the indent on the bullet point was too tabbed to the right. I don't want to add a line and then change the font color to hide it as I know some, if not many, of our clients use dark mode so this will show up. 

I know that this may not be a priority to your engineer/leadership team as evidenced by your previous replies basically not addressing the issue but have we found a workaround to this in 2024. Please and thank you. :smileyface:

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More