Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
CC_PaulW
Employee
Status changed to: New
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, we're actively improving layout options and image resize features. I'll update this post as new features are released.
CarolynG22945
Rookie
So full of bugs, esp. regarding links (quick link block is useless), I wasted an hour just trying to figure out how to hack around all the bugs.
CC_PaulW
Employee
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry about your experience with the quick link block. We release updates continuously, I hope that you'll notice some improvements soon.
PWOWadmin
Campaign Collaborator
Please give me back the ability to look and alter code!!!! Phone email is simple but lacking in ability to edit!
MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend
I'm finding it difficult, if not impossible, to use the new beta mobile templates. Here are just a few of the issues I'm having: - the default color of the text is set by the "primary" background color, which makes no sense. The default text color should be able to be set independently of the background. - when I select individual blocks of text and give them a new color they sometimes randomly change color, or sometimes just a few words change back to the background - there is no way to edit the source html in the new editor. Completely a non-starter. - there is no way to include contact details, such as last gift amount, within the body of an email. These are all major problems, since the new editor is a step backward from the control of the old editor.
MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend

Two more:

The line-spacing of the text varies at random, and there's no way to set it to be consistent throughout an email

There is no way to select "13" as the text size, even that's what the text within my block is set to.

PowertoChange
Rookie

That was definitely a strength of your platform over  and what not: we could get our final product to look the closest to what we intended because we could go in and fiddle with the html and style sheets. If anything, I think you should give more control over that, rather than less.

CC_PaulW
Employee
Thanks for the feedback! The beta editor doesn't currently have the ability to edit HTML and CSS. We're considering some different options for code view that will be implemented over time.
Chuckg71
Rookie
So I could fix issues like font size inconsistencies when on mobile device or just to customize. Multiple choice could be placed in a drop down for example and more options to brand it and make it more like our format. Thanks!
CC_PaulW
Employee
We appreciate the feedback, Jeff! You've made some excellent points, and we'll be addressing them in upcoming releases.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More