Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
DianaP04
Campaign Contributor

Have been working to make the responsive template work for us. But if it's going to be useful in our environment, there are a number of "must-haves."

• HTML coding. This is so useful when you just can't make something work any other way
  • Ability to edit CSS styles
  • Ability to "clear styles" on text. We cut and paste a lot of copy from other documents. "Clear" solves many problems.
  • Ability to changes colors and styles on links and to uncheck the "tracking" box

If any of these "must-haves" are already in the beta, please let me know. I've been looking, but may have missed something. Thanks.

tritontwo
Brand Influencer

Yes, the ability to edit the HTML/css is a much needed feature.

tritontwo
Brand Influencer

Hi,

Please make the option to use custom html/css templates in responsive email. There are many responsive email designs/templates that we could be using instead of your visual editor.

We need more control.

Thank you!

CC_PaulW
Employee
Status changed to: New

Thanks for the feedback! The ability to edit HTML and CSS does not yet exist in the beta editor, nor does an explicit "clear styles" option for text editing or the ability to turn off tracking on links.

The beta editor does automatically clear (problematic) styles when pasting in content. If you encounter any issues with pasting in content, please respond with more information about the issues you're having. It would be greatly appreciated.

As for styling links, you should be able to highlight and style links in the same way that you would regular text (i.e. select a new font, change the font color, etc). 

FSPDENVER
Campaign Expert

what happened to editing the html?? It took me 5x as long to create an email and it looks crappy. No flecibility, no background colors , the social boxes dont format right in outlook. The client is unhappy and wants to move. I will not use a mobile template again.

LarryA40
Rookie
is there a way to view/edit the html code of the template? it seems that there are preset blocks of color and when you change one, it changes the rest of them.
It would be nice to have the ability to add your own custom html code to this responsive design.
TriciaD84
Rookie
If there is access to the HTML code, I cannot find it. If there is no access, then there needs to be.
ColetteC
Rookie
Hello, I just began exploring some of the mobile friendly templates and notice that there is no option for editing source code as in the standard editor. Will this option be available in the future? It's quite convenient for text formatting, image placement, bg/colors and other small detail specific design features.
Hilldrup
Rookie
The mobile beta editor is missing an HTML/Code view editor. Sometimes it is easier to fix issues in code view than it is to using the standard editor.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More