Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
SusanS3
Rookie

I wish we could have the usefulness of the 3rd generation editor AND the ability to get into the back end of the HTML - it is very frustrating to be restricted in this way

EncouragementCafe
Campaign Collaborator

I need to be able to at least view and copy the HTML because I have to send the HTML code to Crosswalk when I need them to blast something.  

BrylynF
Campaign Collaborator

As a potential customer, not having the option to view and edit the html is problematic, especially when competitors of the drag and drop style allow their users to do that. I understand the rationale behind wanting to keep the code clean, but I really don't see restricting the access to html as the solution. I'm not sure how Constant Contact plans to create a drag and drop feature to suit everyone's needs when the simplest solution would just be to let people edit the html. 

LauraF366
Campaign Collaborator

I still won't use new templates until HTML editing is possible. Sometimes it's the only way to fix crazy formatting, like when someone using the template makes something bold and then unbold and then it won't do what you want any more. Changing the font size of a <li> list changes the layout of the list, also, pushing text onto the next line. It's not a perfect world, user-wise or template-wise, and sometimes you've got to get in there and do some cleaning.

LaToyaS4
Campaign Contributor

Welp, I'm doing it. Jumping ship next month for , which has the functionality I need. Didn't want to go, but this issue forced my hand.

WilliamT867
Rookie

The inability to insert code into an email is a major drawback.  While I understand that you are building a user friendly interface, we work so many software suppliers that provide us with simple html code. As a church during Covid, being able to insert code from or a calendar from our ChMs would be an important feature - even if it was only available on the Email Plus subscription. I feel the difference between not being able to add code vs designing the entire email in code is too big of gap. Please come up with a middle ground solution.

Please send me an email, if you would like to see an example code from .

MatthewR5
Rookie
Looks like the new editor is pretty bad. Not only do I lose all of my previous email campaigns ability to copy them, but can't see the html custom code I had built for my brand. I will definitely be leaving CC after this fiasco.
JasonC2143
Rookie

The new drag and drop builder needs the ability to adjust HTML or, at the very least, the ability to insert a custom HTML block.  Drag and drop is great for speeding up email creation, but there are inevitably elements that need customization beyond what is capable with drag and drop.

M.ElaineD
Marketing Legend

Just looked at the Product Updates for October 2020 hoping and praying that HTML editing or a Content Library capability has been added to the Email Editor.  Unfortunately not.  Creating new emails with the Legacy Editor has been disabled this month and the most important capability - REUSING CONTENT BETWEEN EMAILS - is still not available.  It's been FIVE YEARS,  Constant Contact!  How could there be any doubt that this is an essential and critical function for your customers?

DianeH41
Rookie
I was told that CC is basically phasing out your legacy Campaign editor. We are a long-time Customer of CC and have hundreds of Campaigns created in the legacy editor. We have continued to use CC because of the old editor's ability to tweak the eBlast using HTML code, which the "new and improved" editor does not allow. The workaround provided was to re-engineer our Campaigns each time we want to create another one! This is unacceptable, has a huge impact on our business and consequently, will be looking for other products that better meet our needs. I think the Company's decisions regarding this are shortsighted, as not all Customers simply want to drag and drop widgets when creating Campaigns.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More