Copy disable for legacy emails

Why did you get rid of the COPY option for emails? I always copy a previous email to get the same formatting for a new email.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

182 Comments
MurrayW6
Consulting & Training

It appears that the copy function has been restored to emails created using the Gen2 editor.

Of course, the copy feature should have never been disabled in the first place. Even so, I would like to offer a sincere THANK YOU! to those at Constant Contact who listened to the outcry from their customers to reverse that decision. And thanks to the many other customers who also took the time to post comments objecting to the copy function being disabled. Apparently, if enough of us raise our voices with logical arguments, we can be heard.

Now let's just hope the restoration of the copy feature is permanent. Thanks again!

Johnny12
Regular Participant

ElaineE5
Participant
This is quite frustrating (and time consuming) that now I will have to re-invent a "newsletter" that I send out monthly. This is not the only reason that our company may be moving away from Constant Contact and going to other options. I always enjoyed the ease and convenience of Constant Contact.
LMCohenCPA
Participant

I have been a CC client since 2012, and this latest update is just down right terrible!

I am speechless as to how user unfriendly it is, and does not make the emails look better at all. Also the fact that i can no longer copy an old campaign with the look of my organization and email type is ridiculous. CC offered to copy for me, but the look was not even close. 

lastly the mobile display option also stinks. 

SOOOOO very upset. 

Johnny12
Regular Participant

As of Nov 19, COPY feature still disabled. 

EllenG3
Regular Participant

Mine is still disabled, too.  Not sure why some accounts seem to have had their copy feature re-enabled, but not me.  :frown:

AdamF6447
Participant
why am i not able to "copy" all of my previous emails. only some.
VeronicaM26
Occasional Participant
I am disappointed, confused and very unhappy about the changes made to the campaign production pages. I can't seem to copy my own previous emails. I DO NOT want to use your designed templates; they are not at all for me! I wish you would keep the previous method of creating campaign emails active and valid for those of us who want to use it. This might make me switch to another service.
VeronicaM26
Occasional Participant

I also cannot stand the new format. I will not use any of the new templates. I want to be able to copy my own email templates and edit them as before. Now I end up in an error page if I try to copy a legacy email. Why did you break something that was perfectly workable?

KristinK51
Participant

This is maddening that you removed this feature!  How can you expect your customers to duplicate all these emails??  The new formating is awful!  It looks horrible!  Please give us the option to keep the old formatting!  Please, please!  You are wasting hours of our time!

SaraB520
Participant
All I am trying to do is reuse the template that I designed and have been using for 2 years. That is all!! Now all of a sudden I can't copy the template and edit it to re send?? I am here for less than 2 hours and wanted to send it before my time off, I don't want to screw around with making a new template, and am so angry I can't reuse it I am considering cancelling the darn account.
CommunityF48
Participant

Different versions of Constant Contact (editor) should remain backwards-compatible for all! I contracted you a couple weeks ago complaining that you removed our ability to use the old editor, and we no longer have access to the "copy" feature for any previous-to-November 10th emails. Basically you said we can only create NEW campaigns or pay you to do so. Now, I found out, this is not true for all clients and accounts. Why are you treating the Community Foundation of Upper St. Clair differently? Call me ASAP: .

TrinityNews1675
Participant
When I first launch CC I see my recent campaigns and each has a "Copy" button. Recently the links on the first listing ceased working, while the other campaign links work as expected.
WilliamH682
Participant
Recent changes to Constant Contact are not making the program easier to use. Cannot copy previous campaigns. Tried to create a new email communication and selected a previous template and the system errors every single time.
ShantiC
Participant
I do not like the new layout or functions. I cannot copy our last email for a new email and modify it.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @CommunityF48 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We apologize for any confusion there may be with the copy option in your account. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter campaigns is something that was removed from accounts in batches. This ability is however available in our updated Third Generation Editor. You are correct - we do recommend users to recreate their email whether it be done by themselves, one-on-one guidance with phone support, or by our design team. In fact I can see a member of our support was able to offer you this campaign recreation free of charge. If you would like to have one of your campaigns recreated by our design team after all please let us know! We would be happy to submit this request on your behalf.

CarlosV2
Consulting & Training

Ditto what everyone else is saying. I have to start over with template design and content and everything?? If I'm going to do that, I'll drop ConstantContact and use something cheaper. PS, live chat doesn't work. Keeps getting disconnected. Useless. 

SteveC48
Participant

THANKS ALOT!  NOT!!  Pain in the you know what..  Screwed again

KarenH04
Participant
Why did you eliminate the ability to reuse a previous email. You've have made my work so much harder.
RichL24
Consulting & Training
your program is becoming more and more difficult to use..and i will have to leave it soon...but for now..i need to know how to duplicate a campaign..used to be fairly obvious...but now...????
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More