Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Play video in email

Constant Contact should have a platform that supports being able to upload videos into a newsletter and then have the videos play directly on the publication as soon as the recipient opens it.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Support for embedded video amongst email clients is still inconsistent, and not fully supported by many. As a result, we've been monitoring support and holding off on any plans for this until feel good that the emails will display as expected to a broad audience. That said, we are trying to keep a pulse on how popular of a request this is so we encourage everyone to still leave feedback and comment on this. It really helps in the decision making process. 

30 Comments
RichardA101
Rookie

I agree

I am trying to insert a video from my Vimeo account directly. What I get when I put in the URL it defaults to my Vimeo account. I would like to have the video play with out all the Video account information coming up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RJ

StevenP35860
Rookie
I want this, too! Please make it happen.
Please add to your platform the ability to imbed a video in the body, similar to.
LauraS25
Campaign Collaborator

Agreed! Not ideal

JacobG247
Rookie

Yes please autoplay videos in emails.

YulinL5
Rookie

I see the request for being able to play video within the email message (as opposed to taking people to a different location like YT or Vimeo) has been there since 2017-2018, but it's still not available in 2022!

Is there any chance of this happening soon?

WSCongo.org
Rookie

I agree with everyone here. The email landscape has changed so that emails containing embedded videos are no longer blocked. PLEASE GET ON THIS.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Support for embedded video amongst email clients is still inconsistent, and not fully supported by many. As a result, we've been monitoring support and holding off on any plans for this until feel good that the emails will display as expected to a broad audience. That said, we are trying to keep a pulse on how popular of a request this is so we encourage everyone to still leave feedback and comment on this. It really helps in the decision making process. 

It would be really helpful if gifs/mov files were allowed to be uploaded and used in posts/campaigns.  This is a basic and commonly /widely used practice, feature and function.  

We need to be able to embed videos in emails, not just add a link to them.

It's kind of disingenuous that Constant Contact includes a 'Video' block in email builders when the only thing created is a clickable image duplicating the cover image on the video from the original link. I can do that by adding a photo. Really hoping this update is made soon!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More