Request to Re-Implement the Anchor Tags

I would like to submit a request to re-install the anchor tag option for Constant Contact. My newsletter - and I'm sure there are many others - has some length to it, as well as many sections, and I believe having the anchor tags in addition to the table of contents would make navigation much easier for my readers. Organization and accessibility are priorities for this newsletter that I am creating, and I fear that readers will be annoyed by the amount of scrolling they will have to do to find certain sections. I was disappointed to learn that you had discontinued this feature, especially after I was reassured by one of your representatives when I bought your product that I could use anchor tags with the new set-up. Please consider re-implementing the anchor tags in the near future. Many of your users are counting on it. Thank you.
Top Answer
Chris_L
Employee

Hi all. There is very limited support for anchors in email. Almost every mobile email client doesn't have support for it, and almost half of the most commonly used email clients are mobile.  With this in mind, support for anchors would be highly inconsistent and would create an unpleasant experience for your contacts. Please read our Knowledge Base article on why you should not use anchor links in your emails

63 Comments
LauraL0303
Frequent Participant

This is disappointing. Any update?

BrianU00
Participant

I am quite disappointed by the new editor and wish I still had access to the legacy editor as that template worked much better for our needs.  While the new templates are fine, they no longer have the option of a table of contents.  Therefore, there is no way to incorporate a list up top that will allow users to click down to expanded information below.  Many users are unwilling to scroll down through a long email to find the details.  Customer service was unable to supply a solution.  I miss the old editor and the myriad of additional choices it had.  

RyanS189
Participant

My company has subscriptions to both Constant Contact and MailChimp. We have been allowing employees to use the platform of their choice -- some are more comfortable with a particular platform. However, starting last week, we began sending out a large newsletter to our staff. We NEED a table of contents with links to the relevant content. We were shocked to find that Constant Contact does not offer this feature. Beginning in January, we are allowing our subscription to Constant Contact to expire, and we will be migrating all our communications over to MailChimp.

To the employees who keep responding with the same information:

1. Stop telling us that "most email clients do not support anchors." We get it. But guess what. My entire company is based on the Gmail platform and uses the android Gmail app -- both of which support anchors! Our staff are literally the only recipients of this newsletter, and all of them use devices that support anchors.

2. Stop suggesting that we use your "read more" object. We do not want to create a bunch of webpages just to send a newsletter.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More