Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Schedule both A/B test and RSNO email

Currently when utilizing the A/B Test feature, we are not able to schedule that email to re-send to non-openers.  Scheduling that re-send is really beneficial to our open rate, so right now we do not A/B test. Would love to be able to utilize both features on one email.

14 Comments
sylvina
Campaign Contributor

I just became an Email Plus subscriber after having been a Constant Contact customer for nearly 20 years.  I was excited to use the A/B feature which would give me a higher open rate than in the past.  Well done.  Well, after the winner email was sent out, I added some new people to a list and wanted to resend this campaign out just like I have done for the last 20 years.

I was shocked to find out that you cannot choose both the excellent A/B feature and the excellent resend feature.  You have to pick one!

This is really disappointing.  Can you please fix this ASAP?  Thank you!

sylvina
Campaign Contributor

I just became an Email Plus subscriber after having been a Constant Contact customer for nearly 20 years.  I was excited to use the A/B feature which would give me a higher open rate than in the past.  Well done.  Well, after the winner email was sent out, I added some new people to a list and wanted to resend this campaign out just like I have done for the last 20 years.

I was shocked to find out that you cannot choose both the excellent A/B feature and the excellent resend feature.  You have to pick one!

sylvina
Campaign Contributor

DaveR7
Constant Contact Partner

I agree. I stopped using the very worthwhile A/B feature for most of our campaigns for this reason. We still use it for a very few specific test emails that are neither time specific nor require any resend. While the results from these tests are valuable, the A/B feature is definitely not for general mailings.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @sylvina thank you for sharing this feedback with us! What resend capabilities are you looking for on your email campaigns? While there is the option to select "Resend to Non-Openers" the "Resend to" feature is still available as well.

campaigns-tab-list-view-tab-status-sent-more-menu-expanded-resend-to-option-step1234.png

How does this feature not fit your needs?

sylvina
Campaign Contributor

The "Resend to Non-Openers" option is not listed when you use the A/B subject line option on a campaign.

sylvina_0-1608277614771.png

DaveR7
Constant Contact Partner

Come on Frankie, did you not check the more box for an actual A/B campaign. Your example appears to be a regular campaign, NOT an A/B campaign. Sylvina's example is correct, there is NO resend option for an A/B campaign.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @JWilliamsStaffing thanks for sharing this feedback! We have tracked this feature request and opened up your post so other users can weigh in as well.

JayA020
Rookie
I was on with 2 different CSRs to day and spend quite a bit of time on hold because I couldn't check the Resend to Non-openers while doing an AB mailing. After the CSR checked with tech services I was told that I can't do both. I could have saved a lot of time and not tie up your CSRs if you indicate that on the page. I was also told that I would have to manually do a resend to non-openers. I just upgraded my plan and find it irritating that the program appears to be less robust than before.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team. For background information, when creating an A/B subject line test, temporary lists get created in order to run the test. If resending to non-openers was allowed with these types of emails, the original subject line would be sent (subject line A would resend to list A, and subject line B would resend to list B, etc, winner to the rest of the lists). This may affect reporting.

We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More