Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Header option disappears when clicking outside of box

0 Votes

I've noticed recently that the dialog box that opens to change the subject line or to edit a hyperlink is very sensitive. It used to hold on the screen if you accidentally clicked out. Now, it's very sensitive that if my mouse moves away it will time out the screen and the changes I made or think I've made don't reflect that. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this issue?

9 Comments
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @AnnaR540

Thanks for reaching out to our community about this. What browser are you using when this is happening? Do you experience this in other browsers as well?

AnnaR540
Campaign Expert

I use Chrome. I don't use any other browser. 

SteveD11
Marketing Expert

When editing the From / Subject line / Preheader section, the "Email Settings" box pops open. But clicking *anywhere* outside of the box closes it - and you lose any unsaved information. 

I can't count the number of times I've had to re-type the subject line because I accidentally clicked outside of the "Email Settings" pop-up. 

PLEASE change this so the pop-up only closes if you click Cancel or X. 
OR change this so edits are automatically saved, so when you click in again, you don't lose anything. 

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert

Whenever i try to highlight some text and the mouse trails outside of the modal as i let go of the mouse button it closes without saving. This also happens if i accidentally click outside of the modal. Can you please make the email setting modal sticky until the changes are saved or cancelled?

Frankie_P

Hi @Boxerbrand

Which overlay in your account are you having this experience with? If you are speaking on the head/footer area of our email editor this section automatically closing when the mouse leaves the editing box is something functioning as designed. What are some reasons where you would not want this section to close automatically? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Clarifying

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert

Hi Frankie,

When clicking the edit the subject the 'email settings' overlay pops up. I have to stop and slowly highlight the text currently in any of the text boxes because if i try to highlight it quickly the window will close on me. my mouse won't even leave the perimeter of the modal most of the time. even if i highlight and my mouse moves outside of the input the window will close. i work at a certain pace and tend to maneuver quickly around pages so its just an annoyance. sorry i probably didnt articulate this vey well, ive attached a quick screen recording.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing your feedback on this experience you all are having in the editor. We’ve compiled and discussed much of this feedback you’ve shared internally. At this time there are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert

Thanks Frankie. Though im sure a quick addition or adjustment of the mouseup event in the modal could fix the issue pretty quickly.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More