Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Confusion on Folders Location in New List View

Folders on redesigned campaign layout. Not happy with random updates. I am not happy about Constant Contact doing random updates and not letting the customer know. We do not get any e-mails letting us know about any updates and once we log in the next day everything is different. I also think there should be an option if we want to update or not just like our cell phones on the app store. I prefer my folders being on the left hand side where they were because it is easier for me to go back and forth, as you can see I have a ton of folders because we represent 10 product lines. In the future I would like to see customers being able to update if they want to and also getting an e-mail beforehand so we are not blind sided. This is the second time now that I have logged into CC and something has changed without me knowing before hand. *If there is a way to go back where my folders can be on the left hand side please change it.* Please take this in consideration. Thanks, Ryann Rupp - Rupp Safety Associates, Inc.

11 Comments
OACP
Marketing Legend

Feedback to Constant Contact

The new folder layout is terrible for users. Takes longer to find anything. Nothing seems to be able to be filed away.

I'm not aware you asked users (your customers) about this before the change.

Please provide the option for the original view - I am actively looking at other systems as this layout is unusable and we won't be staying with CC if you don't change it.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @RuppSafety thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

GreatNeckB
Campaign Contributor

The latest update dealing with campaigns and folders stink. I keep my list of campaigns current and short and file the others. The "improvement" has all of the campaigns listed. I could click and drop campaigns into folders. Now I have to search for folders. I must select the campaign I wish to move, click on an action dropdown, click on move to folders, click on the folder, and the campaign STILL shows in a long list. Why have folders? This is very frustrating.

NazziN
Rookie

Please revert back to the old folder configuration. I cannot view inside my folders now that it has changed. This change is awful.

tescometering
Rookie

You get my vote also to revert back to the old folder configuration. It was easier to use and navigate. This new version has nothing to offer and has not improved anything, but rather made things more difficult. 

SandraF6
Rookie

Hello!! I find the new way extremely challenging and not user friendly whatsoever.  I, too, am frustrated by the new and not improved.  What used to be easy is now completely frustrating and not intuitive, in the least.  Then the price is going up from $65 to $95.  Who hikes up their price by 47%??? Especially, after our frustration levels are already on high! 

JosephH56918
Campaign Expert
Hi, Sometimes we have 20 active events. It would be great if I could pull a report that lists all active events with a link to the landing page. I'd also like to switch from event dashboard to dashboard more easily. I am in and out of each for promo codes, registrants, etc. If you could make accessing the promo-codes more easily, that would be great. When I click on registrants, it brings me to the reporting. It can be frustrating because I'm not necessarily having to go to reporting. If you could change that to the link of registrants or at least give me an option, that would be great. For emails being sent out, if you could offer a pause button or cancel after it's been sent, I'd love that. Better spell checking/grammar review. I'd love it if y'all had a policy and procedures section for our company. I can enter that information in one place and it can be added to each landing page instead of having to add it or copy each time. Please provide the option to enter a phone number or not. We are a company and don't have any one person who should have a phone number there. Maybe an email option would be better or not at all. Sub users instead of one login. It would be great to have sub-profiles instead of just one login. We have multiple people involved in our account with different departments. I have other suggestions but can't remember them right now. Thank you.
Frankie_P

Hi @JosephH56918

We're always open to ways we can better our user's experience, so thanks for sharing this feedback with us! With that said, when viewing your event campaigns does sorting by status of the event campaign help?

For switching events or accessing promo-codes easier, what are the steps you're taking to switch events? How would you expect to do this instead? For your registrants, how do you expect to view this list if not through the registrant reporting? For the multi-factor when logging in - the good news is if you have multiple people who work in your account you can add them as individual users so that they can have their own account login and MFA factors set up with their own devices. As for recalling email campaigns, spell check, and customizable footers these are feature requests we are in the process of collecting feedback on. In fact we recommend commenting your need on these threads directly.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Frankie_P

Reply from @JosephH56918 

@JosephH56918 wrote:

It does but to be honest, I’d rather just a left side bar with a list of all my events so I don’t have to go from home page>view all active>dropdown status>then scroll through looking for the event. Even if I type the title, we have revolving events each year with the same titles since 2017. When you search, it doesn’t search only active. It really would be a million times better if the list of events could be condensed into a small list without the giant thumbnails. When you click on registrants, it brings you to reports page instead of registrants. I know you can pull a report of registrants, but I don’t always want to do that, so I still have to go to the event page, not landing page, then click registrants. The registrants link is kind of moot at that point. I could just click manage and then registrants to see the list.

I’m looking for less clicks.

The other thing was being able to go from one event page to another through a drop down or something. I have to hop back and forth between events pretty frequently. One of the reasons is because I have to go retrieve the promo codes. If the promo codes could be visible event page, not landing page, that would be a great help too.

I hope you all know that I genuinely appreciate yall and the hard work yall do. I wouldn’t be willing to submit my feedback without everyone being so receptive to understand the innerworkings. I am not familiar with the innerworkings of ConstantContact so please do not hesitate to correct me if I am way off base.

Thank you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More