Wait Time

Customer service is excellent but the long wait times, over 15 minutes, need to be cut down.  There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for more than five minutes for customer support.

39 Comments
FairCreditG
Participant
I'm now on line for over 30 minutes waiting for an account manager. This my fourth attempt in two weeks to get through . I want to cancel my account but I can't get through on the phone and there is no way to cancel online and you continue to bill me. I will be referring this issue to my state's attorney general if I don't hear from you by tomorrow and cancel my account.
PamelaO50
Participant
I tried calling you but you couldn't get to me . I waited. Now I would like for you to cancel my account. I am I'll. And I can't work on my business while I have brain damage. I chose to stop in the middle of getting my site finished. Yes I know I am stupid for doing this, but I must choose this. Don't tell me I have to call I tried that already. Thanks, Pamela Owen @ Herbs Bees and Yummi Teas.
DettaD
Frequent Participant

I had an unacceptable hold time in queue.  If you had the option or ability to leave a call back request I could have a much more productive morning rather than being on hold in your queue

OADSP
Occasional Participant
I would like the option to have events in date order. For example I would like the option to see my events in calendar order from today's date to an event that is coming in the future. Do not include events that have passed. For example I have an event in August but because I set it up earlier than other events it doesn't show up unless I keep scrolling down past events that have been already held. I want to have the option to see all my upcoming events in calendar order.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

EliottL5
Participant
40 minutes so far!!! Are you kidding me?? This is garbage. A complete waste of time.
JohnS823
Participant

Totally agree -- I waited for more than an hour before I had to hang-up in frustration.  I could no longer stand listening to their insipid hold music and annouced apologies for the wait -- "...but please hold on, we'll get to you soon."  All this after they doubled my monthly rate without informing me why -- I still have no new information.

JohnnyC4
Participant

Been on hold for 1 hour and 26 mins for billing,  here we come!!!

MichaelH10
Participant
you just lost a renewal
Sagarhotyoga
Participant
I am on long hold and never get to attend to my business with constant contact in time. Why don't you introduce feature of getting call back when its my turn instead of making me wait endlessly?
EnergyPlus
Health Practitioners & Centers

What a great concept: Hire MORE support staff so that when we call in for help, we're not told "Gosh, it's a busier support day than usual, we estimate your hold time to be more than 30 minutes."  THIRTY MINUTES? SERIOUSLY? As if I want to just sit here for a half hour and wait. This is unacceptable. I just now completed the survey request you sent to me and I wish I had waited a few minutes so that I might include this ridiculously poor support.  I'm sorry, I do love you guys but this is just beyond the pale.

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thank you for the feedback @EnergyPlus,

Long hold times are never fun.  I am happy to voice your feedback.

In the meantime-- were you able to get through to someone to help with your question?  If not let me know and I can have someone reach out to you.

Colleena56
Participant
too long of a wait they apologize through a recording often they should spend some money on hiring enough employees
CommunityInvestors
Participant
Frustrated with wait time. You need to hire more reps to answer phones I don't want to deal with automated systems I want to speak to human beings. Tell your execs who make the big $ to invest in hiring more people to answer the phones or I will find another provider who values this more. Thank you!
AAWCC-OR
Regular Participant

Your phone support is insufficient. I'm guessing a new parent company bought Constant Contact 1-2 years ago and defunded phone support positions because in the last 1-2 years, every time I call I have to wait a minimum of 10 minutes. Today I waited 22 minutes before talking to the first person, then another 10min to be transferred to a manager, but I hung up because I just couldn't take it anymore. Manager called me back 5-10min later. It took every ounce I had not to lose my patience and end up super grumpy after having to wait so long. Fortunately the woman I spoke to was helpful. PLEASE HIRE MORE PHONE AGENTS! PLEASE! It used to be one of your best selling points. Now it's making me think I should shop around for a better service. 

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Thank you for the feedback @AAWCC-OR,

Sorry you didn't have a great experience.  We recognize that recently our wait times have gotten longer than normal.  We have multiple upcoming new hire classes that we anticipate will help with our hold times.

Thanks again for letting us know, and let me know if you need help with anything else!

Patrick_W

Thank you for the feedback @CommunityInvestors,

Sorry you didn't have a great experience.  We recognize that recently our wait times have gotten longer than normal.  We have multiple upcoming new hire classes that we anticipate will help with our hold times.

Thanks again for letting us know, and let me know if you need help with anything else!

SherriH381
Frequent Participant
For the past few months, the wait times have been excruciatingly long!!! Get more staff if you want to retain good customers.
SusanT548
Occasional Participant

Hello Constant Constact....

What happened to your excellent service?  Did your company change hands?  It used to be so great, now there is such a long wait, it does not set you aside from the others in the market. What is going on?

Patrick_W

Thank you for the feedback @SusanT548,

Sorry you have been having a poor experience.  We are currently in the process of hiring more members to our Support team to help address your concerns.  We always want to make your Support experience as best as possible!

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

OLMC_Redwood_City
Occasional Participant

I hate, hate, hate the electronic voice who claims she can understand what I say. She rarely understands my username and yesterday, when I called, I waited 7 or 8 minutes on hold after I told her what I wanted and got the wrong department, resulting in being put back on hold for another 5 minutes.

PattyG21
Participant

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @PattyG21, thanks for your feedback! Could you provide some more information regarding the issue? Were you calling into support, waiting to chat with support, or something else? 

EnergyPlus

Yep, here's an idea..how about hiring a few more support staff so that your customers listening to "our support lines are busier than normal" experiences are far less. What is "normal"? I can't recall ever contacting you (over 10 years now) and not hearing that...plus the nauseating music and all those ADS for CC...c'mon now, I used to love my interactions with you...it's rapidly declining.

Rita_PR
Consulting & Training
unacceptable long wait. Been at CTCT user for 10 years. CTCT ads on hold repetitive. Music annoying. C'mon guys. You can do better.
EnergyPlus

Been a customer for over 10 years. I keep hearing the message "wait times are longer than normal..." and then have to listen to that nauseating music for a LONG time. I do wonder though, if I get this message most every time I call, what's "normal?"  It's insane and clearly shows you don't really care.  So, if you DO care, why not adopt the strategy that most large companies use, and that is offering an option to have YOU call ME back?  That way, I don't have to sit here by the phone forever.  I might even have a minute to get to the bathroom.  Just an idea.

DavidK5023
Frequent Participant

Called in yesterday to discuss an issue of account access.

Call answered my question so no concerns on the issue that prompted the call.... BUT

when I called in the auto answering system informed me that the agents were busy helping other clients...

Fair enough.

Then I was informed my call would be answered in the order it was received ... Fair enough

Then I was informed the wait time would be/could be up to 15 mins....

Hmmm not so good.

Worse perhaps unacceptable..... no option to enter a queue and maintain my position in the queue by leaving a call back number so you can call me back when agents are available.

It is completely understandable that agents get busy. Having me keep an open line on my telephone while I wait 15 minutes listening to a repeated message of how sorry you are and how much you appreciate my patience is not.

Recommendation ... Add call back option to waits longer than say x minutes.  

I only call when I have an issue I want resolved - quick resolution of questions is important for my use of CC so I can move on to the next project, item on my to-do list.

There is room for improvement.

EnergyPlus

If I have to listen to "Hi, so sorry for the delay. It's a busy support day, our lines are busy with customer calls, we'll get to you as soon as possible."  

I have been with you for ten years and I ALWAYS hear this...if it's so busy, why don't you hire some additional support techs?  What an idea!!!!  If I'm so important as a customer, stop treating me like dirt.

KellyZ19
Participant
I am cancelling because your hold times are CRAZY. They have been CRAZY for the past 10 years. :frown:
ChuckR851
Participant

You would think that a communication company would not need to place a customer on hold for 30+ minu

RobinB383
Participant

I have tried to call in to reach someone about my membership billing and have been on hold over 20 minutes.  There is also no other way to reach someone about billing questions. 

John_Link
Regular Participant

I've been on hold much longer than the maximum seven minutes that was estimated. I was never offered a revised estimate of the time to wait or an option to receive a call from one of your agents. Please make that possible so that your customers don't need to wait for long and unknown amounts of time.

EnergyPlus

I've been a customer of CC for over 11 years. During that time, I've had many occasions to call in for tech support or other service.  As to be expected, wait times to speak with a human being are typically quite long. What's ANNOYING is that so many other services offer to call you back, so you don't have to wait on hold forever...now THAT is "customer service."  Additionally, other companies who actually, honestly, really do value their custoemrs, will at LEAST change the music so we, the paying customer, don't have to listen to the SAME ANNOYING REFRAIN FOR OVER AN HOUR. It is absolutely sickening...why can't CC put a radio station or even have their own music stream? Why do you force your so called "valued customer" to listen to the same crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

GailV94
Participant
Where do I start? Your Chat failed at helping me and referred me to your phone line. A rep answered and attempted to help me, then divulged that he worked in Billing - REALLY! He then transferred me to HOLD HELL. Each time I call in, I wait forever! Hire some people please. And do away with your on-line if they can't assist in a professional manner. And why is Billing answering and attempting to fix a Technical Issue. Come on!
SheilaR086
Occasional Participant

i have been on hold for over an hour no one picks up. I am in the queue. This really sucks. Why don't the email reps know automation. You have to be transferred to someone who never answers. Fix the queue so we are not sitting on hold for hours.

SheilaR086
Occasional Participant

Why are you telling me your line is tied up and you will get to me. I have been waiting 2 hours. Fix your queue. This is really bad service.

KatieH1795
Participant
I have been trying to get my issue solved for the last 30 minutes. I am now on hold again. It started with waiting, then I got through and then was disconnected. SO, I started the whole process again and am now on hold AGAIN waiting for the deliverability team. I only have 3 minutes left in my lunch hour now since I have been dealing with this for the last 30 minutes and have gotten nowhere. Now I am told that there us no direct line to call when I have to try this for the THIRD time because I am working and my lunch is over. What a waste of time and an inefficient system. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with Constant Contact's Customer Service.
TeresaR190
Participant
You have the worst service I have been on hold for over 13 minutes so far,
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More