Event cutoff date (see top answer)

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I'm trying to create an event for a year out - January 2022, as I have always done, but when I start to create the event and then chose the dates for the event, I am only provided with 2021 dates. Has something changed?No date change.jpg

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

The devs have released the new event tool beta to all existing customers. Simply click Create in your account, and select Events (beta) to start creating one.

Capture.PNG

Any articles within the Knowledge Base related to the newer event tool will use this search tag eventsv2. This tag will help differentiate between articles related to the new system and retiring legacy system, and all legacy event-related articles have had their names updated accordingly to reflect that they refer to the legacy builder.

For guidance on converting legacy events into the newer event tool, please see the main article for legacy event reporting

To ensure the event system is given adequate development, testing, and deployment time - they've updated the current (eventually retiring) event system's registration cutoff.

The new cutoff is for March 31, 2024 - meaning events can have a start/finish date up till March 31, 2024. If you have any feedback regarding the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission. Thank you very much for your patience while our devs continue their work.

64 REPLIES 64
OAR-Coalition
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Echoing the frustration of the others. Here we are in MAY and we can't schedule anything in 2023? What in the world??

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @OAR-Coalition,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I will gladly submit your feedback on this and our engineers will send you an update when changes happen. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
midamcat66
Rookie
0 Votes

I'd like to add my voice as another who needs to be able to schedule events in 2023 now.

midamcat66
Rookie
0 Votes

To be specific, our event is in January 2023 and we need to be taking attendee sign ups and sponsorship sign ups immediately.

MJohnsonVEGA
Rookie
0 Votes

Planning our entire calendar for 2023, and we usually do more than a year out; ideally it is 15-18 months ahead of time for planning.  Last year I spoke of frustrations not being able to schedule at least a year out; so, that I can launch a full webpage with all of our events people can attend throughout a calendar year, and have an email sent with all the links by 14 months out.  Now I am trying to currently schedule for 2023, and I am only able to schedule through June 15th currently; which is less than 9 months out?  I know "something" is coming with a "new event system" and being worked on, BUT you can not start "closing down the existing site/platform before having one functional in place to replace the old one! "We can not afford to wait for this in the meantime as we are a rapidly growing business.  This ultimately will cause your customers (me) and my customers to leave your platform for capabilities elsewhere.  I have International people that come over for training events, and they can not apply for a visa to come here without the registration invite and an invitation letter.  Without the capability to create events in advance of one year to ideally 18 months out, I am not sure how we would manage this.  2023 should already be fully open, and it sounds like this is not just my frustration, but quite a few others on here.

LisaS60457
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I cannot believe you all are still trying to launch a new system. I've used you for years because of the registration feature. I'm trying to schedule an event from September 29-October 1, 2023 and it won't load October dates. Why aren't you communicating with your users what's going on? I think your developers don't know what event planners need or Constant Contact doesn't care about a lot of their customers. We are actually paying more for this service now through fees and cannot even use it. Please advise what the latest is on the new system or of there is even going to be a new system?

kimbauer
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

It's Dec 20, 2022 and I want to create an event for Oct 14, 2023 but Constant Contact only allows an event up to Sept 30, 2023. Why? Why? I now have to find a different platform for this event. This is crazy!!!! It is unreasable to want to plan an event 10 months in advance?  Am I missing something in Constant Contact?

NNECAPA
Rookie
0 Votes

I have an event in November 2023 and the calendar will not let me go beyond September 30, 2023

NNECAPA
Rookie
0 Votes

I have several events in the fall and I am not able to set up a date beyond September 30, 2023. I cannot open registration until this is resolved. 

TammiC39
Rookie
0 Votes

I haven't seen any status updates as to the development of a new event platform for use beyond September 2023. We have several events to create and need options. Please advise.

Camelidynamics
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

why can't I set up an event this October now... the only date that shows up is September in the dropdown menu

DianeB11
Rookie
0 Votes

I am not able to schedule events past September 30, 2023.  I have several workshop events that need to be listed asap for October- December. 

Does anyone have any workarounds for the auto calendar?  Is there a way to eliminate that section on the landing page?

Thanks in advance for your help!

COMW
Rookie
0 Votes

I am creating an event that runs Sept. 30 to Oct. 3. The event create form does not allow a date after Sept. 2023. What I am doing wrong?

MaryEllenC940
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there a date as to when event scheduling will be ready for past Sept 30 2023? I have many events that need to be created for fourth quarter 2023.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The current latest date for the event tool is December 31, 2023.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST