Merging contacts together

SOLVED
Go to solution
GoodShepherdLutheranChurch
Rookie

I added an individual email address to a specific group contact list but the person was already in our contacts with a different email address and requested I change the one email address previously associated with her name to the one that I added to that specific group contact list. Is there a way to merge them at all? When I go to try and put that email into her contact  it says it can't because that email is already in the system. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @GoodShepherdLutheranChurch ,

Depending on what Compliance elements have already been applied to the existing contact, you may not be able to change edit the email address. The easiest method to go about this, would be to simply upload the new email address as a fresh, new contact, with the accompanying contact info associated via the type/paste multiple or file upload methods. Make sure the "new" contact is being added to the appropriate lists during the upload, then delete the old one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @GoodShepherdLutheranChurch ,

Depending on what Compliance elements have already been applied to the existing contact, you may not be able to change edit the email address. The easiest method to go about this, would be to simply upload the new email address as a fresh, new contact, with the accompanying contact info associated via the type/paste multiple or file upload methods. Make sure the "new" contact is being added to the appropriate lists during the upload, then delete the old one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST