Saving master template

SOLVED
Go to solution
DemClubofSaintPete
Rookie
0 Votes

I just created a newsletter last week and sent it out. Then realized I'd like to use it as a template. I thought I could just copy it and save it as TEMPLATE but the person in the HELP chat said it is not possible. I'm afraid to try now because I don't want to mess up the original newsletter. Please help. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DemClubofSaintPete ,

The language of the chat agent may have gotten a bit muddled. The traditional "save as template" system is no longer in place, as that was something specific to the Legacy Email editor. With the current editor it's a bit different, but you can ultimately save a base version of your template to regularly copy from.

What you'll want to do is:

1. Create a folder in My Campaigns and simply call it "Master Template," or "Master Templates" if you have multiple types you'd like to regularly copy from.
  2. Construct your base Master Template(s), save it, and then move it into the corresponding My Campaigns folder.
  3. Now whenever you need to use that template, just go into that folder and copy the appropriate template for future mailings.

For more info on creating and managing My Campaign folders

For more general info on creating a base Master Template

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DemClubofSaintPete ,

The language of the chat agent may have gotten a bit muddled. The traditional "save as template" system is no longer in place, as that was something specific to the Legacy Email editor. With the current editor it's a bit different, but you can ultimately save a base version of your template to regularly copy from.

What you'll want to do is:

1. Create a folder in My Campaigns and simply call it "Master Template," or "Master Templates" if you have multiple types you'd like to regularly copy from.
  2. Construct your base Master Template(s), save it, and then move it into the corresponding My Campaigns folder.
  3. Now whenever you need to use that template, just go into that folder and copy the appropriate template for future mailings.

For more info on creating and managing My Campaign folders

For more general info on creating a base Master Template

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DemClubofSaintPete
Rookie
0 Votes

thank  you!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST