Sort library files by date

SOLVED
Go to solution
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator

When will it be possible to sort the library from oldest to newest? It's time to clean out the library, yet there's no good way to do a batch delete of the older items. 

It's the same for campaigns. Why are we unable to sort/delete by date? And why only ten at a time? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The issue seems tied more to the sheer amount of content, since we typically only see this behavior occur in account libraries with well over 1000 files in them. The Basic Info and Date Added columns should generally be light gray, and thus selectable for sorting.

If you're able to get your files to less than 1k, then it should allow you to sort as expected. Otherwise, you'd need to continue relying on the advanced search, or sorting them into smaller, more specific folders going forward.

I did make sure to mark your account as experiencing the described issue, so if and when the devs have an update for it they'll notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @shannonsellars ,

You can sort the library by clicking on the column labeled "Date Added." If it sorts the opposite way, click it again to reverse it.

William A
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi @William_A! 

Thank you for the quick reply. I just tried your solution and nothing happened. Do I have to be in the owner account to make things happen? I'm trying to do this from an account manger account. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @shannonsellars ,

If you can access the library, you can click either the Basic Info or Date Added columns to sort them ascending or descending. 

William A
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

For whatever reason I'm unable to make it happen. I've tried both our owner account and my manager account. I've also tried two separate browsers, Chrome and Firefox (both are current versions). What additional information can I provide to help troubleshoot the situation?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The only thing I can suggest in that case is to use the advanced search to set date ranges, and clear out enough files so that the system is able to do column sorting again.

William A
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks! Our library was roughly 70% full. I have the library down to 55% and still can't sort. I have a question that may or may not be helpful. Should the page still look like this?

2023-02-06_15-48-17.png

Once upon a time, when changes were being rolled out, my account did seem to be updating right away. We caught it when I was part of a research focus group for Constant Contact and the researcher noticed that my edit tools hadn't been updated. Could something similar be happening here? I know I'm probably grasping at straws, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The issue seems tied more to the sheer amount of content, since we typically only see this behavior occur in account libraries with well over 1000 files in them. The Basic Info and Date Added columns should generally be light gray, and thus selectable for sorting.

If you're able to get your files to less than 1k, then it should allow you to sort as expected. Otherwise, you'd need to continue relying on the advanced search, or sorting them into smaller, more specific folders going forward.

I did make sure to mark your account as experiencing the described issue, so if and when the devs have an update for it they'll notify you directly.

William A
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks, William_A!

This makes a lot of sense. I've inherited an account that stretches back to at least 2009 or 10, and I've deleted thousands of files so far. My work is cut out for me! Thanks for your patience, and for flagging my issue for the developers. I'll reach out if I have more issues. Have a great afternoon!

Shannon

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST