Test email failure!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kassi
Rookie
0 Votes
I am trying to test out my campaign and it won't send. It says that it sent successfully yet I'm not getting anything! PLEASE HELP!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Kassi ,

I was able to test send your drafted and previously sent emails, and receive them in my regular inbox right away without any issues. However, I am not you, which is what your email program is likely having an issue with. When you send an email to yourself through us - test or otherwise - it has the chance to trigger a warning message or be spammed out depending on your email program's settings. This is because it's an email being sent to you, claiming to be from yourself, but actually coming from a different source (us). For you, it should be as simple as dragging the email into your regular inbox to teach your email program's algorithm to trust it. 

Here are some general best practices for deliverability. Deliverability can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. It's also a generally good idea to set up self-authentication if you start sending emails using an address that has its own domain, rather than a free one (Gmail, Live, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon, etc.)

If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Kassi ,

I was able to test send your drafted and previously sent emails, and receive them in my regular inbox right away without any issues. However, I am not you, which is what your email program is likely having an issue with. When you send an email to yourself through us - test or otherwise - it has the chance to trigger a warning message or be spammed out depending on your email program's settings. This is because it's an email being sent to you, claiming to be from yourself, but actually coming from a different source (us). For you, it should be as simple as dragging the email into your regular inbox to teach your email program's algorithm to trust it. 

Here are some general best practices for deliverability. Deliverability can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. It's also a generally good idea to set up self-authentication if you start sending emails using an address that has its own domain, rather than a free one (Gmail, Live, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon, etc.)

If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents.

William A
UCSFDiversityOutreach
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. I have been able to receive test emails previously to the same email and a colleague was able to receive one test. I have tried six times with nothing received. Customer service was able to send a blank test that I also received. I've checked my junk/spam/filter as well and nothing. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you're having test send delivery issues, please see my earlier response in this thread, or reach out to our Delivery team for further assistance.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST