Undo button deleting too much (Please Read Top Answer)

MelissaB9221
Campaign Contributor

I am about to have to re-do my email for the third time, because when I clicked on the "undo" button to change one small thing, it deleted an entire section block. There was no way to retrieve it - when I clicked "redo," nothing happened. This is on the new version of the campaigns and it is a terrib

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone,

To make sure we're getting proper troubleshooting info submitted to our technical and dev teams, please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following info:

• Your account username, or the main account email if you're not the account owner
  • The exact campaign name (not subject line) of the email(s) you've experienced this while working in
  • Operating system and browser being used when the issue occurred
  • If the campaign was copied, what's the exact name of the campaign originally used for the copy?
  • What content was lost/how much content? Was the content all in one block or multiple blocks?
  • Does the content that disappears seem to be random, or the same content - if it happens more than once?
  • What steps were used to add the content? Typing, copy/pasting, etc? If copy/pasting, can you provide the file so we can test it?
  • What steps were used to undo - the Undo button, right-click Undo, Ctrl-Z?
  • Does the campaign contain any specialty action blocks (product, poll, rsvp, etc.) or layouts?
  • If this regularly occurs, are you able to provide video of it occurring?

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

To make sure we're getting proper troubleshooting info submitted to our technical and dev teams, please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following info:

• Your account username, or the main account email if you're not the account owner
  • The exact campaign name (not subject line) of the email(s) you've experienced this while working in
  • Operating system and browser being used when the issue occurred
  • If the campaign was copied, what's the exact name of the campaign originally used for the copy?
  • What content was lost/how much content? Was the content all in one block or multiple blocks?
  • Does the content that disappears seem to be random, or the same content - if it happens more than once?
  • What steps were used to add the content? Typing, copy/pasting, etc? If copy/pasting, can you provide the file so we can test it?
  • What steps were used to undo - the Undo button, right-click Undo, Ctrl-Z?
  • Does the campaign contain any specialty action blocks (product, poll, rsvp, etc.) or layouts?
  • If this regularly occurs, are you able to provide video of it occurring?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CandaceS942
Campaign Contributor

Same here. Wanted to fix one small edit decision by "undo-ing" it and everything I had written this evening was gone. Re-do did not bring the deleted texts, design blocks, and images back. Very frustrating.

This has never happened before and must be a bug in the new version. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Txpropane1
Rookie

This has happened to me as well. The redo button is not working. This needs to be fixed.

JamesN06
Campaign Contributor

I agree I just lost an entire section, how can we restore?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JamesN06,

As we don't have an option to restore, you will want to be careful when selecting the undo button multiple times. If that happens, select the redo button next to it. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ZCorpPRDigital
Campaign Collaborator

Good grief, it just happened to me, too. I lost 100 percent of everything I did in the last 90 minutes. Back to an empty template because I wanted to undo one small thing. 

SaraHVHQ
Campaign Collaborator

Just happened to me---a whole morning of work GONE

JohnF524
Brand Strategist

Just happened to me, too!  2 hours of work are completely gone.  I DID NOT hit the button multiple times, as Zoe_H mentioned above.  I hit it once to undo a minor change and everything I've done for the past 2 hours vanished.  Uploading photos, changing links, writing copy, reformatting, coloring backgrounds... probably 200 steps were undone with a single click of the undo button.  Your system keeps saying it's auto-saving.  Where are those saved versions??  The redo button does not work.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!  I am a contractor and bill by the hour.  I can't just tell them that I'm billing them for 2 hours of work that "I promise" I did, but that Constant Contact somehow mysteriously deleted.  I have to eat that cost now.  

PEOPLE ABOVE HAVE BEEN REPORTING THIS FOR 7 MONTHS NOW.  PLEASE FIX AND DO MORE THAN TELL US NOT TO HIT THE UNDO BUTTON TOO MANY TIMES!!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST