old mailing list members

SOLVED
Go to solution
MadocaMusic
Rookie

Hi CC,

I have a question.

I found my old mailing list members, can I add them to my current mailing list? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MadocaMusic ,

If they'd already granted you permission to email them, you should be in the clear generally speaking. Bear in mind that if several of these members haven't heard from you in awhile, and have since decided they don't want to receive your emails, you may get a high number of unsubscribes or even spam reports from them. It's also possible that some of those addresses are no longer valid, resulting in higher bounce rates as well.

Of course, I encourage you to confer with our email permissions policies (including anti-spam policy) when it comes to emailing lists you're unsure about. Otherwise there's nothing explicitly about using "older lists."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MadocaMusic ,

If they'd already granted you permission to email them, you should be in the clear generally speaking. Bear in mind that if several of these members haven't heard from you in awhile, and have since decided they don't want to receive your emails, you may get a high number of unsubscribes or even spam reports from them. It's also possible that some of those addresses are no longer valid, resulting in higher bounce rates as well.

Of course, I encourage you to confer with our email permissions policies (including anti-spam policy) when it comes to emailing lists you're unsure about. Otherwise there's nothing explicitly about using "older lists."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST