Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to Edit Thank You Page on Survey Landing Pages

Can you please consider adding the ability to customize the message that appears after a respondent clicks submit in the new Survey Pages? In the old survey format, we had the ability to customize the closing message and we miss this feature. All it says now is "thank you, your response has been submitted", but there's lots of opportunity to share a bit of follow-up information here.

Thanks for considering our request!

32 Comments
SafalPartners
Rookie

This "improvement" is a huge step backwards. 

1. I relied on being able to provide people with a closing page that offered customizable linked webpages for upcoming information, promotional items etc. 

2. There's no way to hyperlink material within the survey

3. There's no way to provide additional buttons that people can click and open in a different window

Please improve this "improvement."

Frankie_P

Hi @Administration by preview page, are you looking to view and preview your survey before sending it to your contacts? As for the closing page, at this time the updated survey campaigns do not currently offer the ability to edit the thank you page. This is however a feature request we are tracking feedback on. Because of this we have merged your post into a larger thread on having the ability to edit a survey's thank you page.

TSAGreenville
Rookie

Have we fixed this issue yet? We need to have the closing page to direct them to the next step. It's a basic call-to-action tactic. thank you. 

ervenancio
Campaign Contributor

Would like to see a closing page with a 'thank you message' to those completing the survey, as well as the option for them to receive a copy through email or pdf of their survey responses for their record. 

TroyH8
Rookie

We seriously can't edit the closing page?

DougP72
Rookie

Echoing the words of another commenter, the new survey is missing items that were critical for our usage. 

1. Legacy surveys provided for chained operations; once a survey has been submitted, the respondent is redirected to another site, in our case, a certificate of completion needed for compliance with governing bodies. Since this is a primary use of surveys for us.
  2. Legacy surveys provided for scoring/ranking questions with a comment field. This facility is no longer possible in the new survey system. The majority of our survey was laid out in this way, taking away this function makes the survey almost 4 times longer than the older version.
PlanoChamber
Constant Contact Partner

Before the update, we used the closing page to provide a link that acted as an incentive to take the survey. It worked! We were getting 80% participation in the monthly surveys. Now the update has taken away our ability to leverage that link because there is no closing message. I echo everyone here who is asking for the feature to return and as quickly as possible.

amyj9708
Rookie

I would very much like this to be an option within the platform. Customizing the closing page after submitting a survey can not only help to better utilize a brand's voice and tone for their audience but also create a way to direct a user back to a secondary CTA. Please do consider this as a means to extend users' benefits from utilizing Constant Contact for their marketing needs.

TPLRebecca
Campaign Contributor

I also second what others have already said above:

1) Legacy surveys provided for chained operations; once a survey has been submitted, the respondent is redirected to another site, in our case, a certificate of completion needed for compliance with governing bodies. Since this is a primary use of surveys for us.

2) Legacy surveys provided for scoring/ranking questions with a comment field. This facility is no longer possible in the new survey system. The majority of our survey was laid out in this way, taking away this function makes the survey almost 4 times longer than the older version.

But most of all 3) Before the update, we used the closing page to provide a link that acted as an incentive to take the survey. It worked! We were getting 80% participation in the monthly surveys. Now the update has taken away our ability to leverage that link because there is no closing message. I echo everyone here who is asking for the feature to return and as quickly as possible.

Please bring back the ability to edit the closing page - this is crucial for us. the other two points would be nice to have as well.

thanks,

Diana

SonyaJ52
Rookie

Hello CC Team, I just set-up my first New Survey Page. I love the ease of setting it up and appreciate the options to customize. What isn't working for me is not being able to access the "Thank you" page to added additional information. This is a critical obstacle as I need to be able to provide a link to a landing page, which is tied to a contact list with is links to an automated email. Help!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More