Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to resend event invitations

Wow, sending an invitation for an event was much more difficult than I was expecting. This is the first time I've created an event campaign, and I'm surprised that creating an invitation isn't a lot more like creating an email campaign. Why so many limitations with the invite? We don't get the same design options, no option for a resend to non-openers...wouldn't it have been easier to loop the email campaign platform into the event campaign platform so that creating an invitation is just like creating any other email via Constant Contact?

10 Comments
RitaW19
Brand Visionary

YES!  Creating just an email vs. emailing in an event are so different!  Very little flexibility in an event.

RickB47286
Campaign Contributor
Apparently no way to resend a previous invitation to new contacts. If there is, I can't find it.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

LauraD504
Rookie
It seems sending an email from events does not allow you to automatically schedule a second email to days later to those that did not open. This should be a standard email feature - events or otherwise.
Robinmsf
Marketing Legend

The whole event registration part of the platform has not kept up with the other features of Constant Contact. I am worried that this will be discontinued soon and we'll have to pay more for another platform to do this too. I use the events, email and survey features with the same folks on my list, and I will be very sorry if this falls apart.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling how event invitations are resent, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

SCSMD
Campaign Expert

I agree with all comments about difficulties with the Events.

• The layout is limited.
  • Should automatically resend to those who do not open
  • Should not be so complicated.
Frankie_P

Hi @SCSMD

What about the layout of our event campaigns do you find limited? While this thread is focused on resending event invitations, we would like to help point you in the right direction.

Frankie_P

Reply from @SCSMD

I designed the event invite in Canva. The best part was being able to put the when, where, map and contact at the bottom of the email without having to download.

Frankie_P

Hi @SCSMD

Thanks for following up with these details! Because you are looking for a better editing experience with your event invitations we do recommend sharing your feedback on this directly on its feature request thread. Doing this will both allow your request to be properly tracked and allow you to be updated of any changes that may come.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More