Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to see and edit Notes with Contact Redesign

Hello!  With the recent updates to the contacts, simple functionality is no longer available.  

1) The notes are no longer available.  I understand that I can run the report and then create a custom field and re-upload, but that seems unnecessary. The notes field was very helpful with the date/time stamp.

2) Adding contacts to the lists now requires multiple clicks.  Previously, you could type the first few letters and the list would auto-populate that would allow you to select.  Now, you have to scroll through the list.

38 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @emilyb798 what about our updated contacts management dashboard does not fit your needs? What information are you unable to find in your contacts? What steps are you currently taking and how would you expect to find this information instead?

LoriC250
Brand Influencer

Bring back notes. I am not ok with having them just taken away. Period.

StephanieR20
Campaign Contributor

Please bring back NOTES as a function in our contacts. NOTES are quite critical to business. They let us know more about our contacts, what shows they attended, what classes they attended, when they signed up for our list. It's incredible important data for us. Please put this feature back on the site!

Please bring back the notes in the Contacts section. The new and improved updates are dead to me without the notes that I've curated over many years.
JaneneT
Rookie
Where did the notes on our contacts go? I input lots of important information about when and how I met my contacts and now it is gone! You need to let people know before you wipe out their data! I need this information back. I'd like it in the contact data base but will take it as a one time spreadsheet if that is all you an do. How can I trust you with my data if you arbitrarily choose to delete it ???
GarrettC0
Rookie

We would also like the notes feature back, as well as the ability to add a contact to a list by typing, rather than scrolling down to find the right list. Also, can you make tags a column that could be included when looking at a list and it's contacts? Currently you can modify the columns that show up, which is a nice feature. It would be helpful to see what tags belong to a contact. 

SteveH6204
Rookie

Also please let the notes be available as one of the columns in the list view!

StephanieR20
Campaign Contributor

Hello, Has a decision been made about this issue? It seems there are many people who really need the NOTES feature back. Thank you. 

JakeM429
Campaign Collaborator

100% need this back. Not sure why this is gone, but now I'm stuck using a second tool and a second contact management system to keep track of notes on my contacts. Mind boggling that the feature was removed "in the name of progress". 

FWIW: I run a monthly dinner series and I use the notes to keep track of the details about my attendees, including food allergies. I can't use tags for each and every food issues or discussion point related to their needs or business interests (that would end up being hundreds of unnecessary tags). Notes was a critical workflow tool. Now I have to create a spreadsheet outside of CC to duplicate the contact database. Kinda pointless to keep a CRM if I'm creating a backup CRM to make notes in!

MurrayF9
Rookie

I need my notes. I have very important information in the notes and it's all gone.  I am not okay with this.  I would of liked to have been told about this before they were taken away.  There is a specific note file I need and its no longer available. This hurts our company. How can you take a big piece of the data base away?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More