Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Include more information on bounce reason

0 Votes

It would be great to be able to access the bounceback emails that are received by Constant Contact for two reasons: 1) It's much easier to send the detail of those bounceback emails to IT departments at recipient organizations that are blocking or refusing to deliver the email. In my experience IT departments often request this. 2) If it's an out of office reply I like to see the bounceback email because sometimes the message is, "this person is on maternity leave or extended absense," or "this person has left the organization." It helps with keeping my email list clean/up-to-date. 

3 Comments
Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Thanks for the feedback @Jyared - I appreciate you laying out your use cases so clearly! I think you brought up some great points. We will continue to track this and get other uses cases to make a case for this. We've designed everything to make bounces easier to understand and identify without all the tech jargon in the actual bounce email (on top of keeping your inbox clean so they don't all come directly to you personally!), but there is still a case in which the original message would be helpful.

JimR5759
Rookie

It would be helpful in resolving bounced emails if we were able to see the blocking servers response code and text rather than the current "Blocked" in bounce type column.  I think it would reduce your call volume as your subscribers may be able to resolve deliverability issue without having to call your support.  Bonus points for grouping blocks by domain 🙂

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @JimR5759. Thanks for the idea! I'll go ahead and mark this idea as Acknowledged. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More