Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Collect personal information through survey page

We will need to find another platform since you changed the survey tool. Missing:

Rate items on a scale
Skip question logic
Allow users to enter a comment
Contact block questions (collecting respondent information) w/ options to add to contact list or not)
Long text answers (500 limit current, compared to old 1000 character limit)
Landing / Closing pages

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

This thread is only for feedback related to the collection of personal information through a survey page. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. We've started to look into some options on our end to include a type of form that would collect personal information but there aren't any immediate plans to implement this in the product.

Since the original post, the option to rank answers either in order or on a scale is now available. We have active feature request threads for having the ability to include skip logicallow users to enter a comment, and edit the closing Thank You page. We ask those who come across this page to either comment or vote on these threads directly so your feedback is stored in the proper place. 

50 Comments
WVPresbytery
Marketing Legend

I have emailed requesting this in February and May and have seen other people request the same thing. The surveys I send are feedback forms from our events, which have 5-6 questions and the final question - THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY AVAILABLE IN LEGACY SURVEYS BUT NOT NOW IN SURVEY PAGES - asking for name and contact info, which we label as optional info and which others may use only one or multiple parts of in their surveys. 

Currently, it seems the only way I can gather that info in Survey Pages is after the final actual feedback question, create a text box, saying The following information is optional to enter, then create another 4-question survey underneath that asking for First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number. This is a passible but time-consuming and inelegant workaround. Is there any plan at all to ever bring back the data block/name and info block/whatever it was called, or is this just another CC disappointment?

MirandaH1
Rookie

Would really like to know when/if this will be added to the survey function as well! 

JeffH4033
Rookie

You had a good survey tool, but your new tool isn't up to par.  You'll need to fix this fast.  I have to get a survey out the door today, and it will be a lot faster to switch to Google forms than to search your website for solutions that might not exist.  I'll be using Google today, and if this goes on long enough I might keep using it.

MelyssaP7
Campaign Expert

I would like to be able to optionally collect contact information from respondents so that they can be entered for a gift card drawing. On the old system, I was able to include fields like First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone as an optional (not required) field should the respondents choose to do so. Now, I've had to circumvent the new system that you forced me to update to, and include that data as 4 separate open-ended questions. Therefore, when I export the data (because our customers WANT the chance to win the gift card), it doesn't come over cohesively with their other Likert scale responses and it takes me a couple of hours to sort what responses go with what respondent so I can link up the email/phone with the proper person to notify them that they won the gift card. 

ALL OF THIS WORKED PERFECTLY IN THE OLD SYSTEM. THE UPDATE/UPGRADE IS A DOWNGRADE. 👎🏽👎🏽

The new survey format is useless. By eliminating the personal information question, the ability to add items under the numerical question format (exp. Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree) forces adding many more individual questions to the survey making it too bulky for participants to want to respond. 

If you can't add the old question formats to the new survey, throw the new survey away and allow the older version to continue to be useful.  We use Constant Contact because it is convenient because we use many of your other elements of Constant Contact. We are looking at moving to another survey product because the new survey format can not meet our needs.

GaryM76399
Rookie

Please add back the feature to be able to collect personal information through a survey campaign.

JenniferH487
Marketing Expert

Any updates, Constant Contact? 

PaulH82
Rookie
I'm building a survey but in the legacy version there was a way to capture personal information (names, etc) - how do you do this now?
Frankie_P

Hi @PaulH82 at this time the is no option to gather personal data from users taking the survey. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! This is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In fact we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this idea.

SandeeW2
Marketing Expert

Also would like to share my interest in getting a sign up form on the survey tool. You shared an update today. Can you tell us when this will be reviewed an added? I think it would be a good idea to keep customers informed of timelines or at least how many comments and votes are needed to enact. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More