Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Contacts Redesign - Add a new contact with details all on one page

The new way to enter contacts is much less efficient for our company. We preferred the old setup where adding one contact was all in one page and you could lookup what list to add that contact to with a search bar.

12 Comments
RobertM395
Rookie

Old Contact: Click add contact button -> Type email address -> click which lists -> Submit. 

New Contacts: Click to few a specific list -> Click add contact -> Add email -> click ok -> open a screen where you can choose which lists -> Submit. 

So, why was the add contact button removed from the first page in Contacts? The screen that the add contact button brings up is all you need to chose what list(s) a single contact gets added to. 

this-works.png

Also, what is the point of the small email address pop-up when you add a contact when the next window is just going to be the one I posted above where you can just type the email address in and not have an extra, pointless, click before getting to the window that actually gets something done. 

why-tho.png

Since the add contact window still has a checkbox list for adding a new contact to whichever lists you have, what difference does it make what page you access that window from? 

why-not-this.png

CraigE32
Rookie
HORRIBLE! The whole new contact list format was changed where I hardly recognize anything. Manually inputting names and emails will now take 3 times as much time as before! I want my platform changed BACK to where it was for the past 3 years!
MoniqueB123
Rookie
Hi guys, you completely took away the ability to quickly add a contact :frown: not even sure HOW to add one now. Please roll back the release until you can fix this.
NancyW1767
Rookie

I really DO NOT like the new way you have for adding contacts.  Please put the old way back!  The new way requires a lot of extra clicks.  It took me several minutes to just figure out how to even get to this option!

I was also very frustrated with providing this feedback!  Please keep it straightforward and don't automatically send me to help I did not ask for.

Thanks, from a 5+ year user of your product.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your feedback with us on this process of adding contacts into your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this update in our contact management dashboard may cause. What about the current steps or form for adding a contact does not fit your needs? What changes would you like to see in the process to make it easier?

JillG742
Rookie
I hate this thing. We rarely enter company info and I have to scroll all over the place to just enter basic info. I also want to change the columns displayed but not all fields show. Is there a way to elect the old format?
SabrinaK203
Marketing Legend

The new change has made it very hard to find and edit my lists I use.  I never got set up in segments because I've got too many clients now to take the time one by one to go through.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

SabrinaK203
Marketing Legend

Not sure why they just sent me a notification that this is now open for voting??? What are we voting on?  I never heard any replies to my comments or recent questions.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @SabrinaK203. We open ideas like this for voting so our Product team can review feature requests from our customers. Voting such as leaving a kudos or a comment helps our teams to understand what improvements customers would like to see in our products. If we receive any updates, we post them here to keep others informed.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More