How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Drag and drop scrolls too fast

When trying to add a block to my campaign, the pink line that appears moves much too fast. Thank you.

31 Comments
DebraM5571
Rookie

We have this same problem and it is maddening. Like others, we find building our newsletters taking much longer than it should due to this persistent issue. Our organization is considering switching to another product if this does not improve. 

KelseyB422
Constant Contact Partner

I constantly have this issue. Tried two different computers, three different browsers, and different internet networks. Still has issues with drag and drop and the page scrolling too fast. I close out the browser, restart the computer, unplug my mouse, and STILL persistent problems. It takes at least TWO HOURS to do a simple newsletter. 

NEIARedCross
Rookie

Since the most recent update it appears whatever change you "may" have implemented with CPE editor is now broken. Trying to drag-n-drop anything from the left menu (spacer, divider, etc.) causes excessive and nearly endless scrolling. I cannot get a single element to drop where I wish it to drop. Before you ask:
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop (T495), 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19045)

Chrome browser (Version 117.0.5938.134) 64bit

Wireless keyboard/mouse: logitech K350/M350

Godfrey
Rookie

Same here. This drives me absolutely bonkers!!!  I have a MacBook Pro w/ M1 chip, I'm on Ventura, same problem with both Firefox and Chrome. Trackpad. I haven't tried a mouse to see if it's any better. Makes an otherwise excellent product SO frustrating!!

Godfrey
Rookie

Okay, I just tried using a mouse and it made things much easier. Whew!

DeniseM3930
Rookie

I am having the same problem with wild scrolling and drag and drop not working and it is making it so difficult to do my email newsletters. I called Tech and they had me try another browser and incognito Chrome and nothing worked. It didn't even work for them when they shared my screen. They didn't seem to have any ideas beyond that. I went out and bought a new mouse thinking that was the problem, and it was great for a few minutes and is now doing it again.  If we don't get this problem fixed I'm going to have to look for a replacement for Constant Contact because I don't have time for this craziness. If not for this issue,  I love CC.

KimberlyC31
Rookie

I am currently having the same problem with the screen scrolling to fast when I try to drag and drop an item. Is there a work-around for this yet?

SueY89
Rookie

I am also experiencing this; I cannot get my newsletter done!

TracyS396
Rookie

Same issue!! It seems like this is a pretty common problem. Perhaps many others experience this but don't report it. It definitely makes completing the newsletter difficult. I use a Dell Latitude 5431 laptop, Chrome, and the mouse pad on my laptop.

RonF84
Campaign Expert

Has this problem been resolved?  I have the same issue and it's so frustrating!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More