Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Export Excel File with Questions and Total Responses Side by Side

What were you thinking? I feel ripped off. I did my first survey in Fall 2020 and a follow up this April. I had to print the screen to get a report comparable to the report I had last Fall. What junk!

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for all the feedback. We've been continuing to work on improving our survey experience. Yesterday we released a PDF export summary report, which you can find as a new export option. This PDF summary will look quite similar to the Legacy Survey report with the bar graphs and a format that lends itself well to quick analysis.

This thread was initially for feedback on having questions and answers side by side, which prompted the CSV Summary report previously released. The recent comments have been asking for the PDF report, as well as other features you'd like to see in the survey product. Now that the PDF summary report is released, we will be marking this as implemented. If there is any additional feedback you have on how we can make further improvements to our survey product, we encourage you to start a new topic, or add your voice to one of our existing topics.

37 Comments
JudithG73
Rookie

We've used this for years to run annual board of directors voting (pretty much a formality) - but the new survey tool is a nightmare!   No skip logic, so no way to vote for the entire slate and I just found out that people can answer the survey MULTIPLE TIMES and there seems to be no way to limit the responses to just once!

You have made a real mess for me with these changes!  Glossier visual aspects, disasterously reduced functionality!   (And I haven't tried to get results yet...)

KyleeS
Campaign Expert

@JudithG73- Please add another comment after you attempt to export and use the results- I am interested to see if you have the same problems we do. We are frustrated and disappointed in @ConstantContact for not listening to the feedback that many of us have taken time to give. It appears they expect us (customers) to campaign one another to comment before they will listen. We have transitioned to Microsoft Office Forms and it is meeting our current needs, but not as effectively as CC used to. It's unfortunate because we used to recommend to our partners and others to consider CC because it handled everything (emails, order forms, event registration, ticket sales, surveys, etc.) and you didn't have to have a bunch of different programs to work with- that is no longer the case. 

JudithG73
Rookie

We are a membership organization (Dressage GMO) and are in the middle of transitioning to an online membership platform.  It will certainly end up replacing CC for email to our members,  it looks like I'll need something else for these annual elections.   Was there much warning they were doing this?  I was totally blindsided.  I only use the surveys once a year.

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

@JudithG73 - it was a total blindside.  They changed the survey product completely, and new one was a MAJOR step backwards in functionality.

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

PS - many of the organizations that I work with also used to use the CC survey to run elections as well.  Not sure if they'll ever be able to do that again given the major step backwards that this product is.

GlobalP2
Campaign Collaborator

New survey update makes me want to rip my hair out and cancel Constant Contact. I CHOSE CC BECAUSE OF THE SURVEY FEATURE. 

DOESNT SAY ANYWHERE that you can't export partial responses! And after emails, messaging, and calling customer service, they "claim" that there is not way to export that partial response data.... I'm no IT expert, but I know enough to assume that info is stored somewhere. It's very frustrating to see 220+ survey started and 87 complete. and not be able to see who or what from those 220! submissions. 

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for all the feedback. We've been continuing to work on improving our survey experience. Yesterday we released a PDF export summary report, which you can find as a new export option. This PDF summary will look quite similar to the Legacy Survey report with the bar graphs and a format that lends itself well to quick analysis.

This thread was initially for feedback on having questions and answers side by side, which prompted the CSV Summary report previously released. The recent comments have been asking for the PDF report, as well as other features you'd like to see in the survey product. Now that the PDF summary report is released, we will be marking this as implemented. If there is any additional feedback you have on how we can make further improvements to our survey product, we encourage you to start a new topic, or add your voice to one of our existing topics.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More